HaXXeR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DS Lite have taken a lot of abuse. Ever since I broke the plastic between the hinge and the right side (where the battery LEDs are located) the lid has been hanging a little loose and wobbled back and forth. When it's in the "back" (unatural) position it blocks the R button so I have to tilt the DS towards me to be able to press it.

I recently tried to fix with glue and a rubber band.
yaynds.gif

imag0002j.jpg

Sadly, that failed big time.
frown.gif

Now my DSL looks like this.

imag0003fc.jpg

It's still working but I'm afraid to break it completely everytime I open it.

So now I'm starting a contest.
Post pictures of your damaged DS(L/i). Who's DS is in the worst condition?
hate2.gif

Preferrably it should still be working.

Can you beat mine?
tongue.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, why would anyone be proud of a broken DS!
laugh.gif

Anyway mine has a broken hinge. I was freaking careful and never dropped it. Dunno how the hell the hinge broke.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I have an enamel navy ds lite that has abroken hnge and a shattered touch screen. Apparently, I was so noob back then that I didn't think about repairing and bought a new ds.

But my Cobalt DSL still works extremely well.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, my hinge broke, right after that my DS had started shutting down randomly (mini cracks AFAIK on the motherboard) and i'd always wanted to brake the DS by bending it the wrong way
tongue.gif
 so i just snapped it, so.. yeah it's in 2 parts now, i was thinking about repairing it instead, but the warranty had run out, so i bought a new one, but i kind of regretted it, since i probably could've gotten it repaired for 1/3 the price of a new one... but i didn't know back then that you could send it in after the warranty had run out, (to a small fee though)..  

I'm not at home so i can't take a picture of it, but my broken DS kinda looks like this one, only a bit worse, with the cables ripped off and being in 2 totally separated pieces.. oh and it also don't work (that's what happens when the screens aren't connected..)
For a while before i separated the screens completely i duct taped the parts together
tongue.gif
, but when it started to always shut down before even getting to play anything i snapped it.

ds-lite-broken.jpg

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Domination said:
I have an enamel navy ds lite that has abroken hnge and a shattered touch screen. Apparently, I was so noob back then that I didn't think about repairing and bought a new ds.

Lol, you must have been really violent to shatter your touch screen.
laugh.gif

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
cobalt blue dsl with broken right hinge, now the top is all floppy. almost 180 degrees. dropped it but then even though when i found the missing peice(something fell out, but anyway i lost it) it still went floppy. also when i close my ds it has a 50% of shutting off instead of going to sleep.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Raika said:
Domination said:

laugh.gif

Well, I think I'll rather call it smashed... Because the screen is still in tact...

DSC00154.jpg

I think its the mebrane or something inside it taht got smashed...

Dun have any recount of how it got smashed though... Probably dropped bag to floor too hard.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Domination said:
Raika said:
Domination said:

laugh.gif

Well, I think I'll rather call it smashed... Because the screen is still in tact...

DSC00154.jpg

I think its the mebrane or something inside it taht got smashed...

Dun have any recount of how it got smashed though... Probably dropped bag to floor too hard.
HOLY SHIT OMFG HOW THE HELL DID THE TOUCHSCREEN TURN OUT LIKE THAT!?

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Lol applaud whoever made his DS into that shape
laugh.gif
Much worse than mine.

I think mine is because some hardware is smashed... Randomly applying pressure could get me into download play and pictochat... but I can't exit with (B) buttn.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
rockstar99 said:
nobody can beat this
ds_eaten.jpg

Maybe not with a DS...that looks like MY dog (a pit bull) got after it!!

but I saw something on-line, I'll post a link here if I can find it...on a GameBoy that was carried by a soldier in the first gulf War...which survived their camp being bombed...and it still played. THAT Gameboy was in worse condition than yer DS there....but the only case I've ever seen of one in worse shape that still worked!

Here we go...video footage of the Gameboy I was talking about here...

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/bom...ll-works/162471

HaXXeR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The picture that noONE posted is exactly what happend to me. Though I seem to have fixed it by applying some epoxy glue.
yaynds.gif

@rockstar99
Okay, I admit defeat. You win.
tongue.gif

Even so. Keep the pictures coming. Rockstar is currently in the lead. Can anyone knock him off the podium?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night