Broken 3DS - plugged in 3.5mm audio to USB

doicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was something that I did years ago. I plugged into the audio jack with a 3.5mm audio to USB dongle. When I plugged in the USB to the computer, the 3ds blacked out, and I couldn't get power back on.

As far as I can tell, the battery is fine. It's just that I can't turn back on the 3ds. Is it possible to fix a bricked system like this by replacing one piece?

Reactions: Shadow#1

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was something that I did years ago. I plugged into the audio jack with a 3.5mm audio to USB dongle. When I plugged in the USB to the computer, the 3ds blacked out, and I couldn't get power back on.

As far as I can tell, the battery is fine. It's just that I can't turn back on the 3ds. Is it possible to fix a bricked system like this by replacing one piece?
probably not. you could try nteboothax but it sounds like you may of fried the motherboard. and there aint no way to recover anything from that.

Reactions: SummonerArthur

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're lucky then it might have just blown a fuse on the motherboard, but they are small and require soldering to replace. You can check those fuses with a multimeter or anything that works as a continuity tester, you should be able to find images on the internet with the fuse locations on the motherboard of your specific 3DS model.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou