Hardware Broken 3DS. Any chance I can salvage my Pokemon save files?

Spectral Image

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my 3DS was recently damaged beyond repair in a house fire recently (I'm thinking water damage from them putting out the fire was the cause) and Nintendo was unable to repair it when I sent it in to them for a fix. I have a system I can replace it with but from my understanding, transferring content from a broken system to a new one works only for digital titles and DLC but you cannot transfer save files. I have a digital copy of Pokemon Y and I really don't want to lose my save file for it as I have hundreds of hours and a ton of stuff I traded up the pipeline from previous games. Is there any way I could preserve the save file and maybe transfer it over to a Pokemon Y ROM. I'm sorry if this question has been answered before but I've tried searching for a solution to my problem with no luck so far. Any help would be much appreciated as I'm at a loss for what to do right now.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Not unless you dumped the xorpads with decrypt9 beforehand. If not then sorry, you will just have to either start over or try to use the save editor to get close to where you were before if you can remember everything you had.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you can't even turn the 3ds on, you can't do much. So you won't be able to recover any of the data.

Spectral Image

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I power it on, the blue light briefly flashes and then, after a second, you can hear a sort of popping noise and then the system loses power. It can't seem to hold a charge at all either. This is probably going to be a really noob question but would it be possible that the save data could be stored on my SD card even though my version of Y is digital? Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, its much appreciated.

Spectral Image

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be amazing! I will be sure to look into it once I home later today. I would be amazed if you can actually repair it as its a limited edition Fire Emblem Awekening 3DS and Nintendo told me they couldn't repair it. My pokemon save file is even more important to me than that, so getting it repaired would be a godsend. Thanks so much for getting back to me! I was starting to get myself ready for the hard pill I'd have to swallow.

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
well, when you send it to Nintendo, they don't actually try to repair it, they would just look inside - see that it was water damaged, and tell you it's not repairable. I've fixed a lot of systems with the same symptoms after water damage, so it won't be a problem for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.