Hardware [Broken 3DS] 3D button

Gokudo Zerotsuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, sorry for my bad english i'm french.

A friend gave me a 3DS where the bottom LCD is broken (easy to repair) but i have problem with 3D button.
Doesn't work and when you slide(turn on/off) that turn off the 3DS as when you fully open it, you can only turn on the console normaly half-opened. If i full open it flash and turn off when i try turn on. DSC_0007.JPG

I read somewhere i must change the 3D ribbon cable but that really not easy, ribbon cable stick on printed circuit how i'm supposed to change 3D ribbon cable ?
3ds.PNG

I tried to disconnect some ribbon cable to try work the console without 3D connected but nothing happen, seems it's more harder to fix than just disconnect any ribbon cable.
Or ! I read that can be the top LCD, but it work very well (better than the bottom one) may it ribbon cable ? but how i'm supposed to change that ? hell, some help pls

Source : http://www.dealgame.org/technique/J...Nintendo_3DS__3DSXL_[FAQ_DES_PANNES]_329.html

"Votre console flash à l'allumage et s'éteind.
>>> Le plus souvent, il peut s'agir d'un souci de Nappe de réglage de la 3D/Volume du Son.
>>> Il peut s'agir d'un souci d'écran du haut.
>>> Plus rarement il peut s'agir d'un souci de la nappe de la caméra.

Astuce:
Pour déterminer d'ou vient la panne, vous pouvez utiliser cette petite astuce. Entrouvrez la console légérement (sur 1 cm) et regardez si écran du haut s'allume. Si celui-ci s'allume, alors il s'agit très probablement d'un souci de la Nappe de réglage de la 3D/Volume du Son. Si celui-ci ne s'allume toujours pas, alors il vous faudra faire des tests en remplaçant élément par élément."

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, sorry for my bad english i'm french.

A friend gave me a 3DS where the bottom LCD is broken (easy to repair) but i have problem with 3D button.
Doesn't work and when you slide(turn on/off) that turn off the 3DS as when you fully open it, you can only turn on the console normaly half-opened. If i full open it flash and turn off when i try turn on. View attachment 25815

I read somewhere i must change the 3D ribbon cable but that really not easy, ribbon cable stick on printed circuit how i'm supposed to change 3D ribbon cable ?
View attachment 25814

I tried to disconnect some ribbon cable to try work the console without 3D connected but nothing happen, seems it's more harder to fix than just disconnect any ribbon cable.
Or ! I read that can be the top LCD, but it work very well (better than the bottom one) may it ribbon cable ? but how i'm supposed to change that ? hell, some help pls

Source : http://www.dealgame.org/technique/J...Nintendo_3DS__3DSXL_[FAQ_DES_PANNES]_329.html

"Votre console flash à l'allumage et s'éteind.
>>> Le plus souvent, il peut s'agir d'un souci de Nappe de réglage de la 3D/Volume du Son.
>>> Il peut s'agir d'un souci d'écran du haut.
>>> Plus rarement il peut s'agir d'un souci de la nappe de la caméra.

Astuce:
Pour déterminer d'ou vient la panne, vous pouvez utiliser cette petite astuce. Entrouvrez la console légérement (sur 1 cm) et regardez si écran du haut s'allume. Si celui-ci s'allume, alors il s'agit très probablement d'un souci de la Nappe de réglage de la 3D/Volume du Son. Si celui-ci ne s'allume toujours pas, alors il vous faudra faire des tests en remplaçant élément par élément."
If it's a broken flex cable, you'll need to reaplce the top screen and doing that on a O3DS is a lot of work.

It's cheaperr if you just buy another 3DS.

Reactions: kehkou

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd listen to piratesephiroth, its cost me $88 USD to send one to Nintendo, but i think I'll replace it. I couldn't fix mine; it would either turn off after a few minutes or the graphics would glitch out.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the top screen. It's the speaker/3D slider cable. A 3DS will run fine even if the upper LCD ribbon cable is torn. It just won't display anything. You could even run the 3DS with the cable for the upper LCD unplugged and it would still work.

The flashing and turning off problem is due to either backlight being disconnected. The reason it turns off when you open the console all the way is because the cable has a very small tear in it that goes through only one or two conductors. When you open the hinge you stress the cable and the connection, which was tenuous to begin with due to the tear, is fully broken.

It is indeed a difficult repair. But the parts are dirt cheap, so you don't have much to lose if you want to try it. Just don't use a third-party reproduction cable. Those are trash and will fail quickly.

Last edited by SmileCitrus,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not the top screen. It's the speaker/3D slider cable. A 3DS will run fine even if the upper LCD ribbon cable is torn. It just won't display anything. You could even run the 3DS with the cable for the upper LCD unplugged and it would still work.

The flashing and turning off problem is due to either backlight being disconnected. The reason it turns off when you open the console all the way is because the cable has a very small tear in it that goes through only one or two conductors. When you open the hinge you stress the cable and the connection, which was tenuous to begin with due to the tear, is fully broken.

It is indeed a difficult repair. But the parts are dirt cheap, so you don't have much to lose if you want to try it. Just don't use a third-party reproduction cable. Those are trash and will fail quickly.
Yeah, doing anything on the upper part on the small 3DS is very annoying.
Even if you do a good job there's a high chance you'll get a dumb speck stuck there after you stick the front panel back in.
You should try to prepare a dust free environment first.

Reactions: SmileCitrus

Gokudo Zerotsuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, sorry for the late. Thanks for feedback, yeah it's the speaker/3D slider cable.. I already ordered it, it should deliver in this week !
I already dismount overall the 3DS, i just wait to repair :D. The only thing is really boring is the resolder the Highspeaker because unfortunatelly i saw your post later after my order... Anyways, thanks that helpfull ! i didn't know it selled include solder HS. i got another 3DS to repair, i'll take the link you gave me !
Thanks thanks thanks ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse