Hardware Broke MY WII NEED HELP!!!!

blanco613

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i just got guitar hero smash hits and put it in my wii. it said to update so i figured why not. i was on wii firmware 3.2u because i downgraded (twice). and of course i have the homebrew channel installed so yea. Also last time when a game asked me to do this it was call of duty world at war and when i upgraded that it didnt even upgrade my system so i figured the same thing would happen. it didnt. know my wii dosent work. when i try to turn it on it just stays at a black screen and nothing works. theres no sound, no picture nothing. also my controllers wont connect. i called nintendo but they said to just ship it to them and they would fix it for free but im worried they will find the homebrew channel on it and get all pissed at me and stuff so please if you know how to fix this i really need help

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try savemiifrii if it boots into recovery mode, try sticking in the game Punchout and see if it updates your Wii, its a long shot but might work. if it does work your Wii will be updated to 3.4 but it could save your Wii

blanco613

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but it dosent boot into recovery mode because no picture appears so i dont know whats going on. and thats how it broke it updated and died on me

dudenator

King of the Carts
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i guess your only option is to send it into Nintendo.
They won't get pissed off but when you get it back it won't have any wads, it won't have the homebrew channel, no cios' installed, any other homebrew and it will be updated to 4.0. just use bannerbomb to hack it again though so you dont have many worrries.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could have sworn someone got charged money when they found the HBC on the persons wii.

Could have sworn it was an article posted here

blanco613

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
I could have sworn someone got charged money when they found the HBC on the persons wii.

was it a lot of money and i thought the homebrew channel is legal

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of cases where people send in their Wii and get it back with the homebrew channel still installed. When I had to send mine in they didn't even update the firmware.

OJClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:

that was for hardware repairs under warranty, that when the homebrew channel was installed, was void so the repair wasn't free
in this case it doesn't apply, because this happened by update from a nintendo game, I bet that even if you had a modchip installed and you sent it in (i don't see any need to do so) they would fix it for you free of charge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended