Broke both should ribbon clip and now the new 3DS XL won't boot

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I was successfully able to change the touchscreen. Tested and it booted and was even able to play games however the joystick wasn't seated properly and disassembled it again and accidentally broke the ribbon cable of both the L and R triggers. Now the New 3DSXL turns on with the bluescreen but it immediately turn off with a pop sound after 4 seconds. Will replacing the ribbons help or?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should replace them. The 3ds wouldn't boot without them iirc.
Also make sure the ribbon cables of the touch screen you just replaced are connected properly.

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You should replace them. The 3ds wouldn't boot without them iirc.
Also make sure the ribbon cables of the touch screen you just replaced are connected properly.
I hope I didn't damage the speaker cable while fixing the joystick

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope I didn't damage the speaker cable while fixing the joystick
The 3ds makes that popping sound of the speaker every time you boot the up 3ds, so should be no worries there.
Unless you you've detached/reassemble it when you were working on the touch screen.. Though the speakers are on the top part and away from the touch screen, so i don't think something'd be wrong with it..

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The 3ds makes that popping sound of the speaker every time you boot the up 3ds, so should be no worries there.
Unless you you've detached/reassemble it when you were working on the touch screen.. Though the speakers are on the top part and away from the touch screen, so i don't think something'd be wrong with it..
So the culprit is very likely both the shoulder trigger ribbon

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the culprit is very likely both the shoulder trigger ribbon
Yes. You should get a replacement for either just the ribbon cables (if they're detachable), or the whole thing (buttons and ribbon cables) if they're not detachable..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.