Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
cammyjack.jpg

"Britain's Zak Bennett entered the record books last week, setting a Guinness World Records...record for most consecutive wins in Street Fighter IV. And it sounds like it took him all day to do it.

Bennett's first attempt at the record - which we guess is new for the book's gamers edition, since no mention of the previous mark is made - ended at 28 games. Bit of a let-down, really. So he steeled himself, sat down, flexed his fingers and on his second attempt, strung together 108 wins.

Sure, Bennett's probably not the best player in the world. It's not like Guinness' event invited the top players from Japan and the US. But he's obviously no slouch, and can at least claim to be the world's most persistent player."

Source

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's on been out like a week right? Either way i'm sure the record will be broken in a month or 2.
Also is this like most consecutive wins online?.. or against the CPU... ( I dont have the game so I dont know) Can you Verse the CPU on Easy difficulty?.. if so, 108 isnt too great
tongue.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sstew said:
It's on been out like a week right? Either way i'm sure the record will be broken in a month or 2.
Also is this like most consecutive wins online?.. or against the CPU... ( I dont have the game so I dont know) Can you Verse the CPU on Easy difficulty?.. if so, 108 isnt too great
tongue.gif

it is against other players.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
Sstew said:
tongue.gif

it is against other players.

Oh okay, thats better than, still think the record will be broken soon though.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what is so sad is street fighter 4 is terrible...capcom only had $ in mind when they made that steaming pile of shit that is being passed off like a fighter...you want a good capcom fighter, get Tatsunoko vs Capcom, or good old school and get the decade old marvel vs capcom 2...the greatest fighting game ever made.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that mvc2 and tvc are great games..but you're pretty moronic to say sf4 is a bad game..maybe you're horrible at it..

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii-Nis said:
what is so sad is street fighter 4 is terrible...capcom only had $ in mind when they made that steaming pile of shit that is being passed off like a fighter...you want a good capcom fighter, get Tatsunoko vs Capcom, or good old school and get the decade old marvel vs capcom 2...the greatest fighting game ever made.
WOW!!! Companies want to make money? That is a revelation to me. Thanks for opening up my eyes. Those greedy bastards over at Capcom. They know they can run their company off of rainbows and lollipops; so why dont they do that?

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Wii-Nis said:
WOW!!! Companies want to make money? That is a revelation to me. Thanks for opening up my eyes. Those greedy bastards over at Capcom. They know they can run their company off of rainbows and lollipops; so why dont they do that?

Well in his defense , they supposedly removed the car smashing game from the arcade version because it was "60 seconds the player would be at the machine and not risk the need to insert more change"

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hdofu said:
dinofan01 said:
Wii-Nis said:

Well in his defense , they supposedly removed the car smashing game from the arcade version because it was "60 seconds the player would be at the machine and not risk the need to insert more change"
Isn't there only a couple of arcade machines out? Not having a (what I assume to be) a 60 second mini game is no big deal. To claim street fighter 4 is bad which means they were only doing it for the money is stupid. The only reason a person can use to support that argument is Capcom's decision when it comes to dlc. Charging for a couple of alternative costumes is the greediest thing when it comes to SF4. But once again no big deal. Your game play isn't affected in the slightest.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally love the game, and have had a lot of fun so far whooping people online on both ps3 and 360 and am having a blast with the game..a next gen sf with tons of nostalgic feel in regards to feeling like sfII in many respects...I love it so far. car smash and barrel smash were fun but until you just mentioned it i totally forgot about it lol..wasnt anything all that fun when you think of all the fun you've had with other capcom fighters, my other personal favorite is capcom vs snk 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs