British General Election 2017 Results Discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by TheDarkGreninja, Jun 10, 2017.

1. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    With our general election over I thought I'd ask some of the brits (and anyone else who's been following it) what they thought of the results.
    Of which, you can find here.

2. queendude

queendude GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    Germany
    Scotland Clearly wants independence lol

3. MionissNio

MionissNio GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Deport all Muslims is prolly what most are thinking.

4. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
    Yeah....SNP had the biggest nightmare of the lot.
    But what really kills me is the British TV coverage of the results - has anybody told them Labour didn't win?

5. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  6. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    England is crazy to be pushing Scotland to independence. Scotland will still be part of the EU and get all the benefits, while England will be left alone. It's 2017, you can't really be a competitive first world country alone.

TotalInsanity4 and CosmoCortney like this.
  7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I continued my usual policy of not voting, this despite being out with the dog and walking past about 4 polling stations I think (close enough to scare the exit poll/last minute swaying people). A surprisingly high turnout though.

Huh, I tend not to read the metro as much as have it prevent my arse from being cold when stuck waiting for a train out of London but the times I glimpsed articles in it would not lead me to bet on an article like that coming out of them.
    Anyway while such a position on the matters discussed is the position of a cunt at the same time I am not seeing a regression going to happen on any of those. They are there, they are done, as far as I am aware there are no options for a review in ? years, much less one they could scupper. Or if you prefer remember the last coalition and what when there, or indeed what didn't, and this is little other than a numbers game at this point rather than anything resembling a melding of parties.

The most amusing handwaving stuff to me is Scotland with it comes to conservatives. Most places seem happy to talk about the SNP losses but then bundle everywhere for the conservatives in what could be an effort to downplay losses in parts. That said it is what it is and west lothian question aside is a valid way to look at things.

TheDarkGreninja likes this.
  8. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    UK is screwed either way, whether with May or Corbyn. Things aren't going to get any better.

9. queendude

queendude GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    Germany
    exactly lol
    look at the miserable currency called "Pound sterling" that is, since Brexit, falling like a plane

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  10. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    I'm not best pleased at who they've partnered with. The DUP are extremist, anti-abortion, anti-LGBT and have had links to Terror in the past. I don't think of their policies will ever pass anyway.

11. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Current status:

[​IMG]

12. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Brexit was supposed to be a means to leave the EU in order to improve UK but Brexit is completely insignificant now.

GBP £1.00 = 1,14€ EUR
    GBP £1.00 = $1.27 USD

Not good, not at all.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

May's Conservative party is only "Conservative" in name because anything else... nope.

queendude likes this.
  13. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Correct me if im wrong, but i think its more the US that's off from the rest of the world. Germany's conservative government would be attacked by the US right for its social policies, and being conservative in france basically just means you're a centrist.

TotalInsanity4 and Quantumcat like this.
  14. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    If they have different beliefs/values then they shouldn't call themselves Conservatives or etc, it's misleading and gives bad rep for people of those values. I'm a Conservative. I.e., someone who believes in respect, equality, fairness, peacefulness of all people within the same country. I'm against military on foreign countries but I can't do anything about it.

15. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Probably not seeing as how UKIP lost 13% of the vote.
    They won more seats than they lost in comparison to the conservatives, there was no way they were going to become the government but they definitely gave the Conservatives a run for their money, a run that they failed, by the way.

I would consider having to join forces with terrorist sympathisers, a major failure of our PM.

16. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I don't bother with the political for they are corruption.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  17. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    If that were to happen, it would cause multiple civil wars in UK which is bound to seeing how things are. France, Germany and Sweden are in the same situation.

18. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Conservatives in our country are much closer to the centre. Conservatives in America are comparable to UKIP in the UK.

Civil wars? Between who exactly? You do know the population of Muslims in Europe is 3%, right?

19. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Between the millions of Muslims and the couple of Brits still living. It's a lost battle. The Brits have lost their country.

20. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    I dont think its possible to define either conservatives or liberals as for respect, equality, fairness and peacefulness in general at this point. Its pretty clear both sides of the political spectrum have leaders in the U.S. who are perfectly happy to disrespect people with differing opinions, take away others rights or fuck the system to cheat their way to the top.