United States
The nominees have been announced and as usual I am bitching lol

MasterCard British Album
Coldplay – ‘Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends’
Duffy – ‘Rockferry’
Elbow – ‘The Seldom Seen Kid’
Radiohead – ‘In Rainbows’
The Ting Tings – ‘We Started Nothing’

I'm going for Radiohead as the rest are either shit or boring, though to be honest I love In Rainbows to bits. Shame they overlooked some other albums and just .went for the ones that either sold well or one another award last year.

British Group
Coldplay
Elbow
Girls Aloud
Radiohead
Take That

Well again Radiohead, Coldplay haven't done a good album since Parachutes, and Elbow haven't been good for years now. As for the others...poopy

British Single
Adele – ‘Chasing Pavements’
Alexandra Burke – ‘Hallelujah’
Coldplay – ‘Viva La Vida’
Dizzee Rascal featuring Calvin Harris and Chrome – ‘Dance Wiv Me’
Duffy – ‘Mercy’
Estelle ft Kanye West – ‘American Boy’
Girls Aloud – ‘The Promise’
Leona Lewis – ‘Better in Time’
Scouting for Girls – ‘Heartbeat’
The X Factor Finalists – ‘Hero’

I think all of these are shit, especially the cover of Hallelujah. Note to Simon Cowell, stick to raping songs that were never good and leave the classics alone.

British Male Solo Artist
Ian Brown
James Morrison
Paul Weller
The Streets
Will Young

Fuck...Ian Brown I guess even though his last good album was his 3rd. What about Frank Turner? That dudes album was amazing. Paul Weller was relevant once, but years of the same old songs have taken their toll on me. As for the rest, fuck 'em

British Female Solo Artist
Adele
Beth Rowley
Duffy
Estelle
M.I.A.

M.I.A. is ok, can't think of anything Beth Rowley did and the rest are shit

British Breakthrough Act
Adele
Duffy
The Last Shadow Puppets
Scouting For Girls
The Ting Tings

I'm going for The Last Shadow Puppets album as it was decent and also because I can't stand anything that the rest of these fuckers have done, disgusting. I'm sure there are better acts out there than these.

British Live Act
Coldplay
Elbow
Iron Maiden
Scouting For Girls
The Verve

All are shit live, The Verve use to be awesome and had a great back catalogue and then they recorded music again last year and broke my heart. I saw them live last year and you can tell that none of them are in it for the music.

International Album
AC / DC – ‘Black Ice’
Fleet Foxes – ‘Fleet Foxes’
The Killers – ‘Day & Age’
Kings of Leon – ‘Only By The Night’
MGMT – ‘Oracular Spectacular’

Well fuck me some good choices! Ok I've not heard The Killers album, I hated Human but I do like the Spaceman song. Out of those I'll go for MGMT but Louis XIC would be my choice if they were nominated.

International Group
AC / DC
Fleet Foxes
The Killers
Kings of Leon
MGMT

The Killers are shit live, fact! Kings of Leon do too many album tracks that aren't that great so I'm going for AC/DC. The guys are old but can rock.

International Male Solo Artist
Beck
Neil Diamond
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Seasick Steve

Beck use to be good and then Scientology got him and killed his creativity like it did to many celebs. I can't recall anything by Seasick Steve but I'm sure I liked the songs when I heard them...I think...still erm Beck I guess as Kanye hasn't been good since his first album, Jay-Z just makes the same stuff over and over and Neil Diamond was never good in the first place

International Female Solo Artist
Beyonce
Gabriella Cilmi
Katy Perry
Pink
Santogold

Apart from Gabriella, they are all abysmal...sigh at Beyonce for not doing anything good apart from Crazy For You, and well you can take the piss out of me all you want but Ida Maria is better than all of those.

British Producer of the Year
Bernard Butler
Brian Eno
Steve Mac

Bernard Butler is pretty much good at everything he has done. Great in Suede, good solo career and produces well. Shame he had to to Duffy's album though.

Outstanding Contribution Award
Pet Shop Boys

I've got nothing against this at all. They've done some abysmal songs but also some very good ones just like the beautiful You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk.

Rant over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all