Bringing my old modded Wii up-to-date

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AtlasXL, Aug 5, 2010.

1. AtlasXL
    OP

AtlasXL Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2010
    United States
    Hello everyone,

I've just spent two years abroad and wanted to play some backups of Wii games. Although I used to quite actively follow all developments regarding modchips and such, I've been 'out' for two years. A quick look on the GBATemp boards shows me that a lot has changed in these two years. I am now wondering: what should I do to get my old Wii up & running again, and also be able to play recent games (like Metroid Prime Trilogy and NSMB Wii).

My current system:
    - An old PAL Wii (I was one of the first in Europe to buy one)
    - Wiikey 1 with update 1.9s (the one that made it possible to play Galaxy 1)
    - (Outdated? version of) Homebrew Channel already installed
    - One of the latest Wii updates installed (my brother used my Wii once a couple of months ago, to play an original copy of NSMB Wii and thus installed the update that came with that game)

I haven't tried to play any of my old backups yet, because I fear this might do damage to my system (since I have no idea what this new update does).
    If anyone would be able to provide me with a short step-by-step-tutorial on how to proceed from here this would be greatly appreciated.

With regards,
    AtlasXL

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    see my signature (or one of the wii hacking stickied threads)

cheers

3. AtlasXL
    OP

AtlasXL Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2010
    United States
    Thanks. I had already read this thread, but I was under the impression that your tool was for softmodding a Wii. After taking a closer look, I now see this is not correct. I will use your thread to try and bring my Wii up-to-date, thank you very much.