Homebrew Bright Spot on 3DS Touchscreen, any advice or programs I can use to fix it?

Have programs like JScreenFix or ScreenBurnfixer resolved this problem on any of your devices?

• Total voters

ChaofanJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently discovered a bright spot (a spot that is brighter then the rest of the screen) on my New 3DS's Touchscreen,
Any advice on how to fix this myself. My warranty is already up and I've recently installed Luma3DS as well... so I'd rather not have to uninstall Luma and pay to have it fixed (this would also take way too much time)

Are there any useful techniques or is there a decent homebrew app I can use (or have someone create) to fix it?

I've been trying to run a StuckPixelFix (https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-pixel-fixing-homebrew.403466/) on my system but since there isn't full color on the Touchscreen, I'm not sure if it will work no matter how long I use it (even if it did, I don't know if it would work anyway)

I've included two screenshots below. The bright spot can be hard to see on some monitors compared to others, so I included a slightly altered image to make it a bit more noticeable. (Note that this mainly shows up over bright colors such as White, it never shows when the screen has a very dark color such as black)

Edit: I'd rather not have to take the system apart, as I could easily screw something up if I attempted to fix it myself.

Attachments

• 20170108_171035.jpg
    20170108_171035.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 558
  • 20170108_171035 - Edited.jpg
    20170108_171035 - Edited.jpg
    665.1 KB · Views: 567
Last edited by ChaofanJ,

ChaofanJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say replace the screen. It looks to me like it's a screen error but I can't be too sure

I was worried you were going to say that... How easy (and risky) would it be to replace the screen myself? assuming that I have the necessary tools to do so.
And wow, you replied pretty quick.

Last edited by ChaofanJ,

ChaofanJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairly easy if you follow a guide

Good to know... I may try that at some point, are there any places better than eBay to find a new replacement screen? If I was going to invest time and money into a new screen, I'd rather be 99% sure that it actually works.

Has it been hardmodded? Pressure on the screen can cause bright spots, but it looks like something hit your screen.

No Hardware Mods on this (or any other) system. I don't think anything actually hit it, I'm usually pretty careful... Although I have accidentally dropped it on the floor a few times (Never higher than 4-5 Feet)

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Good to know... I may try that at some point, are there any places better than eBay to find a new replacement screen? If I was going to invest time and money into a new screen, I'd rather be 99% sure that it actually works.

No Hardware Mods on this (or any other) system. I don't think anything actually hit it, I'm usually pretty careful although I have accidentally dropped it on the floor a few times (Never higher than 4-5 Feet)
Amazon. I buy mine from there and they haven't failed me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back