Bright Spot on 3DS Touchscreen, any advice or programs I can use to fix it?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ChaofanJ, Jan 8, 2017.

?

Have programs like JScreenFix or ScreenBurnfixer resolved this problem on any of your devices?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Don't Remember

25.0%
  1. ChaofanJ
    OP

ChaofanJ Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2016
    United States
    I recently discovered a bright spot (a spot that is brighter then the rest of the screen) on my New 3DS's Touchscreen,
    Any advice on how to fix this myself. My warranty is already up and I've recently installed Luma3DS as well... so I'd rather not have to uninstall Luma and pay to have it fixed (this would also take way too much time)

Are there any useful techniques or is there a decent homebrew app I can use (or have someone create) to fix it?

I've been trying to run a StuckPixelFix (https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-pixel-fixing-homebrew.403466/) on my system but since there isn't full color on the Touchscreen, I'm not sure if it will work no matter how long I use it (even if it did, I don't know if it would work anyway)

I've included two screenshots below. The bright spot can be hard to see on some monitors compared to others, so I included a slightly altered image to make it a bit more noticeable. (Note that this mainly shows up over bright colors such as White, it never shows when the screen has a very dark color such as black)

Edit: I'd rather not have to take the system apart, as I could easily screw something up if I attempted to fix it myself.

Attached Files:

Last edited by ChaofanJ, Jan 8, 2017
  2. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Somewhere close to my 3DS
    I would say replace the screen. It looks to me like it's a screen error but I can't be too sure

Last edited by Icirrus, Jan 8, 2017
  3. ChaofanJ
    OP

ChaofanJ Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2016
    United States
    I was worried you were going to say that... How easy (and risky) would it be to replace the screen myself? assuming that I have the necessary tools to do so.
    And wow, you replied pretty quick.

Last edited by ChaofanJ, Jan 8, 2017
  4. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Fairly easy if you follow a guide

5. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Has it been hardmodded? Pressure on the screen can cause bright spots, but it looks like something hit your screen.

Icirrus and wormdood like this.
  6. ChaofanJ
    OP

ChaofanJ Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2016
    United States
    Good to know... I may try that at some point, are there any places better than eBay to find a new replacement screen? If I was going to invest time and money into a new screen, I'd rather be 99% sure that it actually works.

No Hardware Mods on this (or any other) system. I don't think anything actually hit it, I'm usually pretty careful... Although I have accidentally dropped it on the floor a few times (Never higher than 4-5 Feet)

7. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Amazon. I buy mine from there and they haven't failed me

8. ChaofanJ
    OP

ChaofanJ Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2016
    United States
    Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

9. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    It's cool. If you need any help just follow me and send me a pm whenever. I'll link a few screens which you can buy and trust they work

ChaofanJ likes this.