ptpeter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Im new to the DS and before I get one I was just wondering how common it is for people to Brick their system? Im planning on getting a DS lite this week, but im a little scared.. Any advice would help. Thanks

D

Deleted User

hi, and welcome to gbatemp
wink.gif

opium wrote this awesome guide on how to flash your ds with a new firmware -> Official guide to Flashme
after flashing you can't brick your ds anymore because the firmware recognizes malware code and keeps it from being executed (that's how i understood it).
sadly there is a small risk of bricking your ds while flashing it but reading the guide attentively and carefully following the steps, you should be fine!

but anyways, there is actually a very low risk of bricking your ds even when it's not flashed. from what i've heard the malicious code wasn't widely spread. but i will definately flash my lite (maybe both
tongue.gif
) the day i get my new flashcart and some passme-device
happy.gif

hope this helps ...

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, its kinda hard to brick your ds if you follow the guide
smile.gif

The only problems ppl have are simple problems that could have been avoided. Like letting the battery fall out durring flashing... loosing battery power (the ds wasnt charged!!!) and moving the s1 short alot to short somethign else...
its simple really and worth it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free