Hacking Bricked WiiU?

Carlos_DobleC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A few hours ago I installed, Haxchi and later CBHC and everything worked fine, I installed several channels and dlcs and perfect, but a few hours later I turned on the console and it gives me error 160-0101 and it tells me that I have to turn off the console.

Some help?

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few hours ago I installed, Haxchi and later CBHC and everything worked fine, I installed several channels and dlcs and perfect, but a few hours later I turned on the console and it gives me error 160-0101 and it tells me that I have to turn off the console.

Some help?
1. Where was the game used for CBHC installed to? (NAND or USB)
2. Did you have to run it with sighax?
3. Could you give a list of EVERYTHING you did to your Wii U before this happened?
4. Do you have a NAND backup? (Did you have redNAND installed or not?)
5. Could you return your Wii U to the store if you can't get a hardmod (I know this sounds cheap but, the store will send it to Nintendo for repairs before resale)

NOTE: Yes; your Wii U is bricked. This is why I don't mess with Haxchi or CBHC

Reactions: NoNAND

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

Some help?
did you do something to vwii?

Carlos_DobleC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1. Where was the game used for CBHC installed to? (NAND or USB)
2. Did you have to run it with sighax?
3. Could you give a list of EVERYTHING you did to your Wii U before this happened?
4. Do you have a NAND backup? (Did you have redNAND installed or not?)
5. Could you return your Wii U to the store if you can't get a hardmod (I know this sounds cheap but, the store will send it to Nintendo for repairs before resale)

NOTE: Yes; your Wii U is bricked. This is why I don't mess with Haxchi or CBHC

1. Brain Training on NAND
2. ¿Sighax? I bought the game on e-shop
3. I installed CBHC, then these channels: loadiine, wup installer and homebrew channel. Finally I installed the Smash and MK8 dlcs
4. No
5. No :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did you do something to vwii?

I hacked it a few months ago

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do not know if it influences, but when I installed the dlcs of MK already had one of them installed and still after installing them I could enter without problems to the game

Reactions: AutumnWolf
D

Deleted User

First, you install Haxchi to see if it works correctly then CBHC.
That's your error, CBHC failed and you bricked.
rip.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like from what your say something you've installed has made it brick. Everyone who uses cbhc should be careful what they install. I've noticed a few vc game injects that have the same title id as an official eshop game. If someone wasn't careful and uploaded an inject and it had say the same title id for a ds game that you use for cbhc then your fucked.
IMG_5794.jpg

Minasodrom

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Still, you probably installed CBHC while being in sigpatched firmware.
where did you get that info from?
that sounds like bs to me. you update cbhc while having sigpatches enabled, which is basically installing and its 100% safe.
if an other buggier cfw was used though, could have corrupted something

Last edited by Minasodrom,

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I read about cbhc brick stories the more I want to uninstall it. Yes I'm careful, but there's always a remote chance. Is rednand still the only way to make a nand backup?

Last edited by digipimp75,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
where did you get that info from?
that sounds like bs to me. you update cbhc while having sigpatches enabled, which is basically installing and its 100% safe.
if an other buggier cfw was used though, could have corrupted something
Yeah ofcourse that's bullshit. I did the same thing and restarted my Wii U a million times since then. It doesn't corrupt itself like he's claiming it to be.

Reactions: Minasodrom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)