Hacking Bricked Wii

Kazooie77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my friend wii that he bricked and I can get in to the bootmii and I go to HBC and try to run wad manager and it goes to back screen.? and before you say it no he does not have the nand back up he tryed looking for it and could not find it.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Well, how did he brick it should be the thing you should say it. What process did he do to brick the console?

I'll give a few starters for what you can do with certain bricks. Be sure of what type of brick it is before proceeding.

Did he install a WAD file and brick it? If so, it's a banner brick, and all you need to do is un-install that WAD. Boot into BootMii, go to the Homebrew Channel, and use WAD Manager to remove the WAD file.

Did he remove a system menu IOS (really dumb thing to do, don't know why someone would do that in the first place)? Run a syscheck, post what IOS you have on the console on here. We can identify what is missing if you cannot figure it out yourself. Then, use ModMii to download the missing IOS file and install it onto your Wii.

Kazooie77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he put a disc in that did update or he down loaded the update even thought I told him never to do an update from nintendo. it going to be one of those. But because he told me he turn it on and it was a blank screen the next day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte