bricked wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kris39, May 11, 2010.

1. kris39
    OP

kris39 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2010
    can anyone help me please i was soft moddin the neighbours wii and accidently delleted some files i shouldnt of done i kno its thick lol i never backed up the nand either so can some body help plz cheers

EDIT: more info here

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    you realize that nobody will be able to help u if all the info u give is

3. kris39
    OP

kris39 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2010
    ok cheers i will put another post on cheers

4. Burton

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Mar 7, 2006
    ????? hmm.. what?

5. jelmew

jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    You can't expect us to wave the magic wand and repair something, even though we do not know at all what is broken.

6. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    I guess he's either gonna make another post with info, or another topic [​IMG]

Well, we can't actually do anything until he gives us a little more info [​IMG]

7. kris39
    OP

kris39 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2010
    can someone help me plz i was tryin to mod my neighbours wii using wii hacking 4.2e and when it tells you to delete certain ios files i have accidently deleted all of them (thick i kno lol) and i never backed up the nand before i began and all the system says is update i would be very gratefull for any kind of help plz cheers

8. Burton

Mar 7, 2006
    He came out of nowhere posting incoherently and so cheerful. I mean if my wii were bricked I should explain all I did for that to happen and I would be very, very, very worried about it...not so cheerful.

Maybe he is just kidding around.

9. Pakatus

Pakatus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2009
    Portugal
    We have more info

lol....

10. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    ummm, if u deleted ALL the files, u wouldn't be able to access the system menu... since u say the system says "update" I have to assume u can still get to the system menu, in which case u didn't delete the system menu and the system menu IOS.

what app were u using to delete "all" the files? When u turn on the wii, what does it do? Boot to blackscreen, boot normally, boot to bootmii, etc?

The simplest solution for u would be to update your wii via nintendo (since we still don't know what u did, this should restore/update your IOSs) then rehack your wii from scratch following a guide this time!

also note that next time, just continue with your existing topic instead of starting a new one

11. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    Well, thanks you gave us a little more info, but you didn't need to make a new topic [​IMG] (So I merged them).

What do you mean by
    btw?

12. Burton

Mar 7, 2006
    We need u to explain "step by step like we were little kids" what u did to ur wii, what apps u used, what ios u deleted etc.

13. CJL18

CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2007
    United States

i dont think he knows... well i know one thing now NEVER LET YOU SOFTMOD MY WII :0