Hacking bricked wii...

bazz12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks. I'm in a bit of a jam here, bricked my Wii. From reading I've done up to now I get the feeling it's unrecoverable, but maybe someone will know how to help...

I followed instructions on another site to update my wii offline, from 3.2e to 4.1e via NUSD. After doing so, my Wii bricked and when I boot it up I get a blank screen.

I used Bootmii to make a nand backup, unfortunately I think I chose the wrong option and made an iso rather than the other option (forgive if I'm not up on the correct terminology for it all, but I think you can gather what I mean).

So I have a nand file, but no means of getting to the bootmii screen by which I can restore the old setup. Any options or is the Wii done for?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like when you updated with NUSD you either installed a stub ios file the system menu uses or you forgot to install the ios file the system menu uses.

Did you install pre/priiloader?

Also turn your wii on does the blue light blink once and then twice really fast? If it does then you have bootmii as boot2.If not you don't have bootmii as boot2.

bazz12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The folks who were giving advice (and I read the same info in other threads) said to install ISO60 with the 4.1e update, so yeah I think I must have gone wrong with that ISO60 file.

The blue light only flashes once, and no I didn't install anything else. I guess I assumed the advice I got was right and would work and didn't take enough time to make sure I had a safety net properly there. That's a lesson well learned right there! The Wii's old, bought it at launch, seemed like it was almost on its way out anyway but still, couple of hundred bucks for a new one..

So there's nothing else that can be done?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Send it in to Nintendo and say it got bricked by the 4.2 update
rofl2.gif

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DeadlyFoez said:
If you buy an infectus then you can fix the or wii, or send it to me and I'll fix it. Pm me for more info.

What's infectus and what can you do with it ?

Thanks

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
If you buy an infectus then you can fix the or wii, or send it to me and I'll fix it. Pm me for more info.

Is it me or does anybody else feel like you´re after a quick dollar...

Stop making this posts, like "send your Wii to me and I fix it" and stuff.

Just write it in your sig that you can fix Wiis with your infectus but stop spamming in threads.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
The OP does have a nand backup. And for people who dont have a nand backup, as long as their wii has a vulnerable boot1 then you can use the infectus to install bootmii into boot2, and from there you are golden. If the wii does not have a vulnerable boot1 and it there was never a nand dump or if they dont have the keys then the only option is sending it to nintendo.

feeling funny today?
CODEGod like, my ass, Today, 06:32 PM·ÂÂForward PM·ÂÂReply

Seriously. Use your brains. If you got a problem then dont mud up someones thread so you can act like you're god. You did not provide 1 bit of useful info, you just came in to bitch. STFU, you aren't trying to help so you have no ground to stand on.

And even if I did put it in my sig, I'd still be saying to people "Hey, follow the link in my sig. I can fix your bricked wii for you", and is that really any different then what I am doing now? No it isn't so your suggestion is rather worthless....just like your help.

Mods should forbid that you try to "help" people that way. This is a forum not some kind of market where you can offer your "services". Stop this or I will report you.

You can post here what you have to say, no need for stupid PMs...

and I helped many ppl here but hey, who cares...

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
You are not helping anyone right now. YOU are spamming this thread.

And go ahead and report me. I HAVE ALREADY BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO OFFER MY SERVICES ON GBATEMP BY THE MODS. So reporting me will not do you any good at all.

If you dont like it then ignore me, otherwise STFU.

Stop bitching at me and try to offer your "services" somewhere else and I already reported you and now you should shut up.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
G0dLiKe said:
Stop bitching at me and try to offer your "services" somewhere else and I already reported you and now you should shut up.

You really are stupid. What do you not understand about that I was given permission.

And quite honestly no mod is going to give me a warning when;
1. You came into this thread and started trouble for no reason and did not give any bit of help at all.
2. You are going out of your way to target me and complain.
3. I've tried making this be a personal thing by sending you a PM, but you refuse and prefer to make a bitch session in public.

Yeah, the mods will side with you I'm sure. Freaking idiot.

Let me guess, this is what you said in the report, "I know you all gave this person permission to do what he is doing, but I don't like it. Can you make him stop please? I already went out of my way to be an ass to him and he still wont stop doing what you gave him permission to do."

Yeah, that will get you far. Why are people so freaking stupid?
  • I gave you permission to advertise in the trading forum only.
  • You can advertise in your sig as well.
  • You do not have my permission to advertise your services any other places on the forum, if any other moderator did give you this permission, pm me and let me know who it was.
  • If you flame, call people idiots and worse, yes, you will definitely get a warn. You are expected to be civil in our forums.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I agree with you DeadlyFoez, I don't feel you advertised but merely gave somebody technical advice (for free!) but also gave them the option to have it done for them if they're not up to the challenge. You don't have a sig (unlike alot of people) who advertise guides etc. I feel this has been blown out of proportion and you've been made out to look the bad guy. He hasn't even offered any advice in this topic but simply caused havoc.

If you get a warn for this pal it would be bang out of line.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this forum is great because we can have advice for our wii and this guy is offering us his service.. what is bad about this???

thank you for advices and services!

bazz12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info and offers of help guys, been great. Will think over what I'll do, but good to know that one way or another I should have my Wii back to working order. Cheers

Zolotor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Yes, hooking up an infectus is a rather tough task and doing so without experience can cause you to totally kill your wii beyond repair. There is a way to do it without soldering, but that is my little secret.

What are you trying to say is that you can connect the infectus without soldrering it to the nand?
Just curios, so how can you dump/write the data from/to the nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over