Hacking Bricked Wii

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

Wonder if someone can direct me in the right direction.

I tried to update my wii to version 4.1 from 3.2 and for some reason it came up with the message saying the system menu not working.

I loaded the folllowing

BootMii
HBC
and a few Wad files.

It then came to a point where i couldnt load the CIOS60.wad and the system menu 4.1.

I then decided to remove all the wad files to see if it can be reverted to the way it was.

I did do a backup but the restore doesnt want to work either.

Currently i can only get into preloader and the bootmii screen. HBC doesnt seem to be working either.

Can someone please guide me in the correct direction to help getting my wii back up and running.

Much appreciated!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
since when is going to 4.1 to 3.2 updating?

go to preloaders settings and change the IOS is starts up to from 30 to 50 save then change it back to 30

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going from 3.2 to 4.1.

I dont have a router do i decided to use download all the files then run them in order.

Changing the preloader from 30 to 50 does what?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sentari said:
Hi Guys

I tried to update my wii to version 4.1 from 3.2 and for some reason it came up with the message saying the system menu not working.

I loaded the folllowing

BootMii
HBC
and a few Wad files.

It then came to a point where i couldnt load the CIOS60.wad and the system menu 4.1.What error did it give you when intstalling the wad?

I then decided to remove all the wad files to see if it can be reverted to the way it was.Removed as in uninstalled from the wii? Of you uninstalled cios60.wad or system menu 4.1.wad try to reinstall them

I did do a backup but the restore doesnt want to work either.Error number please? If you're using bootmii 0.3 I think you may need to find the ppcboot replacement file. I think that may correct it

Currently i can only get into preloader and the bootmii screen. HBC doesnt seem to be working either.
What happens when you try to boot into HBC? Does it not load?
Can someone please guide me in the correct direction to help getting my wii back up and running.

Much appreciated!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sentari said:
I was going from 3.2 to 4.1.

I dont have a router do i decided to use download all the files then run them in order.

Changing the preloader from 30 to 50 does what?
it will get your system menu running again.

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Sentari said:
Hi Guys

I loaded the folllowing

BootMii
HBC
and a few Wad files.

It then came to a point where i couldnt load the CIOS60.wad and the system menu 4.1.What error did it give you when intstalling the wad?

I then decided to remove all the wad files to see if it can be reverted to the way it was.Removed as in uninstalled from the wii? Of you uninstalled cios60.wad or system menu 4.1.wad try to reinstall them

I did do a backup but the restore doesnt want to work either.Error number please? If you're using bootmii 0.3 I think you may need to find the ppcboot replacement file. I think that may correct it

What happens when you try to boot into HBC? Does it not load?

Much appreciated!

Sorry i'm very new at this so i'm going to have to explain a little slower.

My Wii was software hacked having HBC and Gecko OS installed.

my firmware was at 3.2E

I then tried to load 4.1E from the NUS Software.

These are the steps i took and where i got stuck.

Offline Downgrade/Upgrade

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2d4dq0njlb (08-31-2009)

This package contains instructions on how to acquire the necessary files from Nintendo to do an offline update
This package will work on ANY Wii! Virgin or Nintendo Official Updated without cios!!

1) Extract the files somewhere on your hard drive such as C:\wii\ and run prepare.bat and choose your desired version

2) Check that the WAD files are correct with MooSFV. If any files are not correct run clean.bat and start over

3) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

If you have bootmii with a nand backup, the homebrew channel, and cios installed already you may skip to step 10

4) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

5) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

6) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

7) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

8) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Load IOS from sd card" then restart

9) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Load IOS from sd card"

10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation. I couldnt install this file. I got the Error -1017 i think.

11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on. I then attempted to install these and all were successful. Later on i uninstalled these to see if i could get my wii up and running..
12) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad. I couldnt install this.
13) It is highly recommended that you install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1. I then installed this

14) Hold reset while powering on to access preloader and set preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Sentari said:
Hi Guys
It then came to a point where i couldnt load the CIOS60.wad and the system menu 4.1.What error did it give you when intstalling the wad? No i didnt uninstall CIOS60 i didnt get that far.

I did do a backup but the restore doesnt want to work either.Error number please? If you're using bootmii 0.3 I think you may need to find the ppcboot replacement file. I think that may correct it It basically said that the file was the incorrect file. I will try get the correct error tonight.

What happens when you try to boot into HBC? Does it not load? HBC doesnt boot at all now.

Much appreciated!

Comments above.

Thanks a million for the help guys!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation. I couldnt install this file. I got the Error -1017 i think.

You should have looked for help right then and there. Since you're using the WAD method, I believe (if it is even possible for you to get a wad manager working at this point) that you can use your wad file to UNINSTALL the IOS60 that's there, and immediately, without exiting, re-install it and it should work without that error.

QUOTE11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on. I then attempted to install these and all were successful. Later on i uninstalled these to see if i could get my wii up and running..

you UNINSTALLED a bunch of IOS files at the same time? (you probably didn't know but that's what you did)

sorry bud, but you actually deserve to be bricked. For your sake, I hope that you had a cIOS installed before your little upgrading adventure because since you thought it was ok to skip past step 10 when it failed, you may not have an IOS249 otherwise...

You need to try and run pimp my wii 1.01 or DoP-IOS from preloader. It's a longshot but if you can get either one to run (and work), you're golden. Heck iven a WAD manager since you have all of the WAD files handy.
Research the menu screen in preloader with the option to load installed .dol to try this.

good luck!

oh wait... your bootmii is installed as boot2? What version do you have installed? If it's version 3 then you need to search on this forum on how to fix your NAND dump and it should fix you.

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
urherenow said:
QUOTE said:

You should have looked for help right then and there.

QUOTE11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on. I then attempted to install these and all were successful. Later on i uninstalled these to see if i could get my wii up and running..

you UNINSTALLED IOS files? (you probably didn't know but that's what you did)

sorry bud, but you actually deserve to be bricked. For your sake, I hope that you had a cIOS installed before your little upgrading adventure because since you thought it was ok to skip past step 10 when it failed, you may not have an IOS249 otherwise...

You need to try and run pimp my wii 1.01 or DoP-IOS from preloader. It's a longshot but if you can get either one to run (and work), you're golden. Heck iven a WAD manager since you have all of the WAD files handy.
Research the menu screen in preloader with the option to load installed .dol to try this.

good luck!

I really didnt understand what i was doing. But like all of us doing new things we learn the hard way. i think i might have installed cIOS.

What should i do first step by step if anyone can help. I'll try load Pimp my Wii 1.01 through the preloader. If that doesnt work i'll try load DoP-IOS. Thanks for the help and from now on i'll ask you guys for help
smile.gif

Also which IOS should i install. And if cIOS is not installed can i still install this? Also remember i dont have an internet connection to work with...

Thanks!

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
urherenow said:
oh wait... your bootmii is installed as boot2? What version do you have installed? If it's version 3 then you need to search on this forum on how to fix your NAND dump and it should fix you.

Yes i do have version 3 installed at boot2. Problem is i cancelled the verify? Do you have the link for me?

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
urherenow said:
also, replace the file in your bootmii folder with this: http://bootmii.org/snapshots/ppcboot-20090827.zip

That link you posted is not there. Got another link?

Awesome thanks a mil! Trying this now will let you know if it works.

Once ive got back to where i started i will let you know. Owe you bit time if this works thanks for all the patience!

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude you are a legand! I owe you a beer!
smile.gif

Anyone got an easy guide on how to update from 3.2 to 4.1 easiest?

And if its really wise to do this?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get HBC working, along with a cIOS installed (rev 14 preferably)

Use Pimp my Wii to update everything. Read the readme file inside so you know what you're doing with it.

It's always easiest with a Wifi connection but, if you get all of the required files, then pmw will work. By the way... how are you accessing this site if you don't have internet? From work? If you have internet at home you seriously need to get a wireless router.

oh, and yes it is wise to update to 4.1

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
urherenow said:
Get HBC working, along with a cIOS installed (rev 14 preferably)

Use Pimp my Wii to update everything. Read the readme file inside so you know what you're doing with it.

It's always easiest with a Wifi connection but, if you get all of the required files, then pmw will work. By the way... how are you accessing this site if you don't have internet? From work? If you have internet at home you seriously need to get a wireless router.

oh, and yes it is wise to update to 4.1

HBC is working 100% now. Which version of the cIOS file do i need? is it cIOS 249 (rev 14) Ive tried that and it gives me an error. I'll see if i can get this error for you once i try install it.

I have internet connection on my laptop using a 3G Card. Only problem is i cant seem to get the thing working with my wii. (internet connection etc) Iver heard i need a router. But does anyone maybe know a way to get it working on windows xp? Or any other OS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...