Bricked Wii with BootMii as boot2 - RestoreMii freezes everytime

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Awkward, May 30, 2013.

1. Awkward
    OP

Awkward Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    United States
    I turned on my Wii yesterday to see that it was displaying no signal to the TV and eventually found out it just bricked. I had made no changes to the system's IOS or anything like that, it just seemed to have bricked itself. Nevertheless, I had a nand backup and used it. It went through the simulation fine, but then when I try to restore it for real, it freezes up around the 5-10 block area everytime. I have tried this four times now.

Any other tools I can use? I think I have PriiLoader installed but it did not come up when I held reset so I might need to do something on my SD card. What is the best way to bring my Wii back from the dead?

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    I would recommend you to do a SaveMiiFree method with a GCN controller on the fourth port, then while booting the Wii, put your most recent Wii game you had (say 2011 or so, its gonna be one with at least the 4.3 update) and hold the entire dpad of your GCN controller, keep holding until your version appears on the black screen.

Afterwards just wait a little bit and do not turn off your console, its gonna auto update itself to 4.3 from the Wii game you inserted, then just rehack it if you want it.

3. Awkward
    OP

Awkward Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    United States
    Will any game after 2011 do?

4. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Yup, do it :)

5. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    could be a dead blue tooth module!

6. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Or a fried GPU.

7. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    If you can get you hands on an older hackmii installer and another good working wii so you can load on an older version of bootmii then that might help. Who knows?

8. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Or if you have the money just buy yourself a SaveMii, it saves you a lot of headaches and unbricks your wii in a sec.

9. VFCalado

VFCalado Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2009
    I buy one and don't work's... but i mess with ios 10.

my wii die forever...:sad:

10. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    You gotta keep the SaveMii card on the 2nd GCN memory card slot and put a recent Wii game on the Wii, it works like the SaveMiiFree except you don't need to press the dpad to work (which is hard)

11. VFCalado

VFCalado Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2009
    let'ts try one more time whit 007 golden eye game :gun:

12. Awkward
    OP

Awkward Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    United States
    Its not a dead bluetooth module. I tried RestoreMii again out of sheer frustration and it worked -- but now my homebrew channel won't open from bootmii. Also, now my Wii has a speckled display of "System Files Are Corrupted" ...... What now?!

13. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    It's probably the version of the HBC you have, combined with a different version of bootmii. Do you have any idea what version of the HBC you had when you made the NAND backup?

14. Awkward
    OP

Awkward Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    United States
    I have never upgraded it. But still, shouldn't my Wii Menu be restored? I feel pretty screwed.

15. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Yes, but let's try to solve one problem at a time. In the BootMii menu, choose the gear icon and then the Info one. Post the versions of BootMii, Stub, Mini, and System Menu.

16. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Cant you just boot too HBC from Bootmii2? And install system menu ios then the system menu!

17. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    He already pointed out that he couldn't boot the HBC.

18. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    He possibly could do it with cboot2, assuming he still has some functional ios <36 on the nand. cb2-wiimod.zip
    See if you can reinstall system ios/system menu wads.

19. Awkward
    OP

Awkward Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    United States
    BootMii v 1.3
    Stub v 1.3
    Mini v0.4

Maui, what is cboot2? Any walk through to reinstalling those wads?

20. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    Download modmii from the sticky guides above. Run modmii and tell it your wii is a virgin 4.1 wii. Let it do its thing, it will make a bunch of wad files for you. Put the modmii files on your sd card. Extract cb2-wiimod to sd:\
    Now boot the wii, if cboot2 load wiimod go to the wad installer and batch install all the wads in the wad folder.

If cboot2 fails to load ios, you'll need to try to build a new nand with giantpune's nand.bin formater, or try comex nand formater.

cboot2 is custom boot2, modified bootmii folder to loads ios with patches, then loads a dol. It lets you install stuff using bootmii to load it.