Hacking Bricked wii with 4.2U without Boot2,Preloader,HBC,etc

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. I thought everything was fine. So im about to go play mario kart on my wii. I go to turn it on. Nothing happens. I unplug it and plug it back in and it turns on. It says system files are corrupted.

I dont have boot2 anymore,HBC,Preloader or anything to fix it.

Does anyone have a solution? I cant even boot into the system menu.

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii has a mind of its own. Im dead serious. its working again. But i need to get boot2 on there just incase some shit does happen

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
a long time ago i had a corrupt message, i was in the same boat but when i was waiting for the wii to boot up i went frantic and started pressing the + and - buttons to move the channel page AND it worked my wii loaded fine i later found that it was a banner brick and the page the wii was on was the page the faulty channel was on so by pressing the + or - button changed the page before the channel was displayed.

i then quickly learned to install preloader as a coudnt get bootmii boot2 only IOS

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got HBC and bootmii as boot2 finally. but this damn wii i have is giving me a bitch of a time. Everything i try freezes. and freezes. Or launches and freezes.

I cant get anything working perfect anymore. Since 4.2 i have had nothing but trouble. anyone have ideas?

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump. Boot Mii works but all i get is black with the system menu. Nothing shows up now. I can get to the homebrew channel. and some of the apps work on there. but thats about it.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you have a corrupt cIOS
try using any title deleter to delete all IOS's above 200 then reinstaller your cIOS

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
sounds like you have a corrupt cIOS
try using any title deleter to delete all IOS's above 200 then reinstaller your cIOS

With the CIOS installer that came with the newmod.rar that i found out about in your guide, it starts up but i think freezes or something as my wii remote turns off and i cant press A to install.

EDIT: I think my wii is just a piece of crap now. Just a paper weight. I think all these issues are because I left it on for over 4 months and when i go to play it it was frozen. Then i started having start up issues a day later. Now its just ridiculous. Nothing is working.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try opening it up and cleaning it

or sell it to me $40

ill get that bitch working
smile.gif

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now its banner bricked. It usually starts working after being unplugged for a while.

Now i cant get the damn thing to boot at all.

I get a chopped up system files are corrupted screen and I cant get into homebrew channel.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like a hardware issue to me. Generally, if you are bricked due to a software problem, it will never boot at all (apart from the mentioned banner brick +/- thing).

Is it still under warranty?

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

Nintendo is FINALLY letting me send it to them free out of warranty for replacement or repair. Luckily they are resetting the 1 year warranty. I got all of the homebrew shit off there before the problems started up.

So now to wait for the shipping label and then ship it to them.

Thank god.

koala12

Trophies
XP
Country
I had exactly same problem (playing mario kart, no boot2, no preloader). I sent to to nintendo.

They said there is motherboard problem and nintendo doesn't send motherboard to Turkey. So they'll send me a new wii.

I wrote this post because: I think if someone have this problem, just send it to nintendo. It is impossible to solve by yourself.

And i wonder if there is something wrong with the mario kart?

P.S: Sorry for my poor english.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -