Bricked Wii using Freeloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by CyanideFunk, Feb 28, 2010.

Feb 28, 2010
  1. CyanideFunk
    OP

Newcomer CyanideFunk Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello,

I'm new to these forums, but was recommended by a friend to post my problem here.

Firstly, I was -entirely- sure where to ask this question, so I just chose what was the most appropriate sub-forum. Apologies if it is the wrong area.

My issue is this: I fired up my Wii, which had firmware version 3.1E since that's the only version the junkass Freeloader works on, and I do the neccessary stuff with the Freeloader disk for the EU Wii to recognise the US game (No More Heroes 2). So I slide in the game, it asks for an update. Now, I've done this before with Smash Bros. Brawl which was also the US version. Both games asked for an systems update, Brawl and my Wii worked perfectly afterwards and all was well. However, with NMH 2, after doing the update it asked for, the system pretty much hated me for it. Now everytime I boot up my Wii, it just hangs at a black screen. Goes absolutely nowhere.

Is there ANYTHING I can do, or am I just left with contacting the Big N and getting a repair/replacement?

Thank you, anyone/everyone who reads this, for your time.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You did the most stupid thing possible; updated on an out-of-region disc. Try SaveMiiFrii

In the future, trash the Friiloader and install the HBC and use GeckoOS

3. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    have fun explaining this to N [​IMG]

4. CyanideFunk
    OP

United Kingdom
    Believe me, I plan to.

5. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    You don't need to explain it to nintendo - but you're definitely going to have to pay, you'll be outside of the garantee period so they'll charge you regardless of what you do. So I guess you should send it in to Big N (rip out the DVD Drive first, they'll give you a new one, and you can resell it if you don't want to use a modchip, and just use the new drive)

6. Krestent

United States
    IN your case, SaveMiiFrii just MIGHT save you, although I'm not certain because these bricks just don't happen any more

7. CyanideFunk
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

8. Krestent

United States
    YOu'll need a disc with a system menu version higher than what's already on your Wii. But make sure SaveMiiFrii shows your system menu version in the corner before you go out o get a new game