Hacking Bricked Wii U, what should I do?

sxlvr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, yesterday, I had my Wii U working perfectly done on mocha CFW & Homebrew, but I had 2 DS games on my Wii U, one was a old hacked one and the other a demo, I tried to install haxchi on the demo because for me it's too long to go to internet and wait to see if it works, so haxchi failed (which is normal) but because I'm a f*cking idiot, I had the beautiful idea to install haxchi on the hacked DS game, but it worked ! So at this moment I was like "hum okay, if it's working with haxchi it should work with CBHC" I let you guess what happened...

I'm on a European Wii U, thr error code is : 160-0103
I was on the 5.5.2 version.

I don't have any NAND backup and no hardmod (but if there is a way to get my Wii U back with the hardmod I can buy one).
So yeah, I think that I can say goodbye to mi Wii U but just wanted to advert peoples on that shit, be very carefull with CBHC.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, yesterday, I had my Wii U working perfectly done on mocha CFW & Homebrew, but I had 2 DS games on my Wii U, one was a old hacked one and the other a demo, I tried to install haxchi on the demo because for me it's too long to go to internet and wait to see if it works, so haxchi failed (which is normal) but because I'm a f*cking idiot, I had the beautiful idea to install haxchi on the hacked DS game, but it worked ! So at this moment I was like "hum okay, if it's working with haxchi it should work with CBHC" I let you guess what happened...

I don't have any NAND backup and no hardmod (but if there is a way to get my Wii U back with the hardmod I can buy one).
So yeah, I think that I can say goodbye to mi Wii U but just wanted to advert peoples on that shit, be very carefull with CBHC.
Without a nand backup you're boned. With or without a hardmod.

HaxChi will work just fine on a hacked DS game but not as an initial entry point which CBHC requires. That's why all the guides say to always purchase a DS game for HaxChi

Last edited by Kafluke,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if I get a raw nand backup from internet ?
Nope. You need YOUR nand backup. There are console specific keys that are hard locked to your specific Wii U nand. Won't work. Sorry. Without creating your own nand backup there is simply no way for you to fix your Wii U.

Even if you get a teensy++ and you hard mod dump your nand you won't be able to decrypt it without otp.bin.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
HaxChi will work just fine on a hacked DS game but not as an initial entry point which CBHC requires. That's why all the guides say to always purchase a DS game for HaxChi

on your noob guide you insist that one HAS to buy a legit DS title to install Haxchi, but here you re saying a hacked one would work just fine. WHAT?? you know for how long i used browserhax because i thought Haxchi woudnt work?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on your noob guide you insist that one HAS to buy a legit DS title to install Haxchi, but here you re saying a hacked one would work just fine. WHAT?? you know for how long i used browserhax because i thought Haxchi woudnt work?
As I said above, HaxChi won't work as an entry point unless its legit. You can install as many non-legit HaxChi's as you want. Just think of them as forwarders. You can use them to launch whatever elf you want but you must first be in CFW. The main reason for HaxChi is an entry point not a forwarder so if you want to use it as the initial hack then it MUST be a purchased DS game. But yes, HaxChi works just fine with a non-legit DS game it just can't be used as the entrypoint.

So in your case you'd have to first launch HBL through browserhax and then apply sig patches from HBL before you'd be able to use any non-legit HaxChi's as forwarders. On my system I have my main LEGIT Haxchi setup as an entry point. Then you tap HaxChi first which puts you back in system menu in CFW mode. After that I can tap any of my non-legit HaxChis and they will send me to whatever elf I have them programmed for.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
As I said above, HaxChi won't work as an entry point unless its legit. You can install as many non-legit HaxChi's as you want. Just think of them as forwarders. You can use them to launch whatever elf you want but you must first be in CFW. The main reason for HaxChi is an entry point not a forwarder so if you want to use it as the initial hack then it MUST be a purchased DS game. But yes, HaxChi works just fine with a non-legit DS game it just can't be used as the entrypoint.

So in your case you'd have to first launch HBL through browserhax and then apply sig patches from HBL before you'd be able to use any non-legit HaxChi's as forwarders. On my system I have my main LEGIT Haxchi setup as an entry point. Then you tap HaxChi first which puts you back in system menu in CFW mode. After that I can tap any of my non-legit HaxChis and they will send me to whatever elf I have them programmed for.
sorry i misunderstood.
i use Haxchi now after i discovered that dr kawashima brain training appears as purchased in my eshop (even though i use a new NNID) . i use it to also launch loadiine and swapdrc while holding A B. i wont CBHC.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i misunderstood.
i use Haxchi now after i discovered that dr kawashima brain training appears as purchased in my eshop (even though i use a new NNID) . i use it to also launch loadiine and swapdrc while holding A B. i wont CBHC.
If you setup HaxChi with Brain Training then why are you still using browserhax? You said in your post above that you are using browserhax but you don't need to do that if you have a legit HaxChi.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

well you now have a heavy paper weight have fun lol why would youe ever instal cbhc over a fake title ...

Reactions: MeAndHax

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
well you now have a heavy paper weight have fun lol why would youe ever instal cbhc over a fake title ...
Why throw salt in wounds?
cbhc should automatically backup otp.bin before installing. would've saved so many consoles.
cant he hardmod extract the the modified otp then edit it?

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can drink some water and do a little dance...

That’s it, comrade.

Your console is gone forever and you just wasted 200$

Congrats

R.i.P. Wii U 2017-2017

Traace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
used replacement consoles without cabels nor gamepad goes for 50$ on ebay...

Just get one there, be careful next time, if a Guide says it isn't working theres a reason for it ^^

CBHC isn't worth in my opinion, to much risks because of no error handling like a fallback system, just to save one click...

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
used replacement consoles without cabels nor gamepad goes for 50$ on ebay...

Just get one there, be careful next time, if a Guide says it isn't working theres a reason for it ^^

CBHC isn't worth in my opinion, to much risks because of no error handling like a fallback system, just to save one click...
I've had CBHC since it came out with 5 kids in the house. It has as much risk as any other console hack I've ever used. It's always user error that bricks with CBHC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why throw salt in wounds?
cbhc should automatically backup otp.bin before installing. would've saved so many consoles.
cant he hardmod extract the the modified otp then edit it?

the problem with that is that you need the otp to decrypt the flash.

ALWAYS make a NAND backup for any system where it's currently possible.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've had CBHC since it came out with 5 kids in the house. It has as much risk as any other console hack I've ever used. It's always user error that bricks with CBHC
That really isn't true. CBHC remains an issue for user errors forever. A lot of other console hacks are only at risk during the install.

That said OP clearly didn't read any instructions. They're full of warnings for this sort of thing.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You need YOUR nand backup. There are console specific keys that are hard locked to your specific Wii U nand. Won't work. Sorry. Without creating your own nand backup there is simply no way for you to fix your Wii U.

Even if you get a teensy++ and you hard mod dump your nand you won't be able to decrypt it without otp.bin.
How do I create a back up of this NAND and otp thing? Also if I do, is it useful to me even if I don't know how to hardwire the system? (Cause I'm not knowledgeable about that stuff.) :unsure:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I create a back up of this NAND and otp thing? Also if I do, is it useful to me even if I don't know how to hardwire the system? (Cause I'm not knowledgeable about that stuff.) :unsure:

NAND dumper will do that for you. it's a software app that can be used from the homebrew launcher. be sure to have a twice as big a card as the internal storage for the mlc. it should be either 29.1 GBs or 29.7 depending on the chip in the system. the slc and slcmpt will be 528GBs apiece. they're the system software for both the wii u and the wii respectively. I believe the files involved with cbhc are in the slc.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NAND dumper will do that for you. it's a software app that can be used from the homebrew launcher. be sure to have a twice as big a card as the internal storage for the mlc. it should be either 29.1 GBs or 29.7 depending on the chip in the system. the slc and slcmpt will be 528GBs apiece. they're the system software for both the wii u and the wii respectively. I believe the files involved with cbhc are in the slc.
I think you mean 512MB, that is the capacity of the wii storage. Also I asked about a otp, and if i was dumping the vwii nand, wouldn't I just use the vwii homebrew, not wii u homebrew? And again, is this useful if I don't know anything about a hard mod? Is not like the system can or has stuff like boot mii or priiloader right? :unsure:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is incorrect. you'll see it with NAND dumper. each dump will be 528MBs. afaik, aside from a hardmod, you can't restore the virtual wii's NAND. dumping the NAND is useful if you want a working console. even if you don't know how to hard mod, you could send it to someone who does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things