Bricked wii trying to make it a virgin

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jojah, May 1, 2009.

May 1, 2009
  1. Jojah
    OP

Newcomer Jojah Member

United States
    I'd like to start off by saying I'm not the most technically advanced person in the world. With that being said I bricked my 3.4u Wii to where it is only booting up a black screen following this guide: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557

I got to this part: "You can get most of these from the Softmii package. SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD will have to be grabbed from somewhere else. There are certian semi-brick fix discs that have these. Remember to grab YOUR REGION's wad! Using a different region WAD will brick your system even more! If you live in the US, get 289. If you live in the UK, get 290. Sorry Japanese people, I don't know the number for your region, but it's not 289 or 290!"

Upon installing it hung on "restarting system" I let it sit for a while walked away and decided it wasn't going to change so I pulled the power out of the back.

So I have a few things I'd like to ask

Is there something I can buy? Can I send it into Nintendo to get it fixed?

Any help much appreciated I'm currently looking into buying "SaveMii" but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem very reliable

2. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    did you also install IOS30 If not sent it to Nintendo

3. Jojah
    OP

Newcomer Jojah Member

United States
    I am not sure....I installed it to play import games and had a bunch of other crap like gamma it stopped working when I updated a game so I wanted to revert my wii back and start from scratch however the peice of shit bricked on me [​IMG] [​IMG]

I also heard that Nintendo charges an obscene amount of money for this thing "almost as much as the wii cost" so I would like to also keep that as a last resort

4. WiiBlaster

United States
    well man you installed a 3.2 system menu wad, while you was on 3.4, If it was a official 3.4 update the IOS 30 was stubbed, I'm not sure exactly what you was aiming to do, But if you wanted to downgrade your Wii you would have had to install IOS30 first then the system menu 3.2 wad. If this is the case its a full brick, you'll have to sent it to Nintendo,

If this isn't the case, and this isn't what you done, You could try Savemiifrii, just search, But if you done the above savemiifrii wont help you

5. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Ouch, Mate i think you dident have IOS30 on your wii.
    Sadly i think you have to ship it to Ninty and see if they can fix it.

6. Jojah
    OP

Newcomer Jojah Member

United States
    ahh I was just following the guide to "turn my wii into a virgin" its probably still got all those channels and stuff nintendo doesn't like....do you think they'll still mess with it? Not 100% sure if IOS 30 was installed

7. WiiBlaster

United States
    I'm pretty sure sense your Wii Wont boot up and wont be able to boot Nintendo's recovery Disc, you should be fine, they shouldn't be able to see anything on it, This is all a Big If but i'm pretty sure

Also check and see if Savemiifrii will boot into recovery if it will boot into recovery IOS30 must be installed, but if savemiifrii will not boot into recovery, IOS30 is definitely messing therefore you will have to send it in