Dharmaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys
friend gave me his Wii which I softmoded a few years back using the guide on here. He went and tried to update his IOS Loader app he says and now when it boots up it just gives the black screen and white writing memory dump.

Priiloader works and I can surf the menu of it by holding the power button down on boot up. I had made a NAND backup using Bootmii for him and gave it to him when I first did it. i fear he might have misplaced it. I do have a copy of my NAND and all files associated with my backup. How do i get from the priiloader to bootmii?

What are my options for him at this point?

I haven't done this in a very long time so I am at a loss of how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Dharma

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
Does bootmii boot when you have the bootmii files in the sd card?

If the Wii is boot2 vulnerable (bootmii loads on startup when you have the bootmii files on your SD card), follow this Youtube guide and FYI, I fixed 6 Wiis using this tutorial:

EDIT:Do this if you don't have WiFi on your house or something to connect to the net through your Wii. if you have ModMii, Download the 4.3 system menu appropriate for your Wii then make a wad folder at the root of the SD card then paste the system menu there. Then in the tutorial, skip the Install the 4.1 system menu.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He went and tried to update his IOS Loader app

Whats an IOS loader app? IOS installer?

Or do you mean ISO loader?

use priiloader to boot to a wad removal tool MMM or something and remove the channel he installed?

EDIT:

Just remembered one of the priiloader hacks is a fake memdump screen, ensure that is disabled in priiloader, to rule that out.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get into priiloader, you should be able to fix this. Just do not do anything drastic. We'll walk you through this.

From priiloader (which version do you have, by the way), what can you access? Try using and selecting System Menu and Homebrew Channel. Try browsing installed titles and see if you can access anything from there.

Reactions: 1 person

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
He went and tried to update his IOS Loader app

Whats an IOS loader app? IOS installer?

Or do you mean ISO loader?

use priiloader to boot to a wad removal tool MMM or something and remove the channel he installed?

EDIT:

Just remembered one of the priiloader hacks is a fake memdump screen, ensure that is disabled in priiloader, to rule that out.

I think it's IOS installer. The OP didn't install a certain wad. I think he tried to install or update an IOS. And I think if he uninstalls a certain wad there is a chance that the Wii's condition will worsen

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I meant he should only uninstall whatever he installed to reverse the problem.

The OP is unclear in his explanation. The way I interpret this is that he either updated his IOS or probably a cIOS (via wad or installer: hence my idea would work) or updated his ISO loader aka usb loader via wad installation as a channel on his wii's nand or boot.dol on his usb or sd card)....

If he updated his IOS then he CAN remove the faulty IOS from his wii via wad manager with no ill effect as long as it wasn't the SM IOS... which, if he fucked with SM IOS, is retarded.

TBH it sounds like he's messing with stuff he shouldn't have as the wii should still boot unless the SM IOS was changed in priiloader, and he overwrote the IOS used by the SM with a corrupt install of an updated verion of that IOS/cIOS ....or hes just overwritten the SM IOS....

?

Example: if he updated to cIOS38 r17 in slot 249 then all he needs to do is overwrite the IOS from slot 249 and its fixed. No need for nand back ups or bootmii. Only modmii>d2x wads > priiloader > MMM / wad manager = profit.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Load priiloader, go to the settings, set autoboot and return to system menu, set system ios to system ios. Reboot the wii, does the system menu load? If not softmod the wii again with modmii, load the hackmii installer from priiloaders load/install menu. Doing a full softmod should fix the issue, specifically reinstalling system ios, system menu, and priiloader. Never uninstall ios or system menu..

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does bootmii boot when you have the bootmii files in the sd card?

If the Wii is boot2 vulnerable (bootmii loads on startup when you have the bootmii files on your SD card), follow this Youtube guide and FYI, I fixed 6 Wiis using this tutorial:
[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CmUEjEBJez0[/media]

EDIT:Before following the guide. if you have ModMii, Download the 4.3 system menu appropriate for your Wii then make a wad folder at the root of the SD card then paste the system menu there. Then in the tutorial, skip the Install the 4.1 system menu.
Didn't your friend XFlak say one day, "Never follow failtube tutorials"?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see the video.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:Before following the guide. if you have ModMii, Download the 4.3 system menu appropriate for your Wii then make a wad folder at the root of the SD card then paste the system menu there. Then in the tutorial, skip the Install the 4.1 system menu.

I don't even know what you're trying to say with that, but if it's "install SM 4.3" like I think you are...

DO NOT INSTALL A NEW SYSTEM MENU YET.
If you install a new system menu and that turns out to not be the problem, you're screwed. New system menu means no priiloader (priiloader will be uninstalled). Assuming you have BootMii IOS, if you even do have BootMii still, you won't be able to get to it in any way if I am not mistaken. Priiloader is the only thing we can look at right now that is gonna save your and your Wii's ass. Before you install a new system menu or anything at all, see what you can access from Priiloader. Essentially, do what mauifrog said, though I would have to, for now, disagree on installing a new/reinstalling the system menu.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I don't even know what you're trying to say with that, but if it's "install SM 4.3" like I think you are...

If you install a new system menu and that turns out to not be the problem, you're screwed. New system menu means no priiloader (priiloader will be uninstalled). Assuming you have BootMii IOS, if you even do have BootMii still, you won't be able to get to it in any way if I am not mistaken. Priiloader is the only thing we can look at right now that is gonna save your and your Wii's ass. Before you install a new system menu or anything at all, see what you can access from Priiloader. Essentially, do what mauifrog said, though I would have to, for now, disagree on installing a new/reinstalling the system menu.
That is why he must reinstall priiloader before rebooting the wii. Load wiimod, reinstall system ios, reinstall system menu, load HBC, load priiloader installer and install. All of that must be done without restarting the wii. And a nand backup first.

So from priiloader load hackmii installer via load/install
Install HBC, install bootmii, exit to HBC
Load bootmii, make nand backup, exit to HBC
Load wiimod
Install system ios
Install system menu
exit to HBC
load priiloader installer, install

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country

I said that if he has BootMii installed as Boot2 then he should follow that Youtube guide. I told the OP to download 4.3 SM so that if he doesn't have WiFi on his house, he can install a new SM through what I said.If you have the 4.3 SM, then you would not need Priiloader (if you know what I mean).

Plus, OP can re-install Priiloader anytime he wants. If you have bootmii as IOS, you can access bootmii via Homebrew with the bootmii files in the sd card.

If the OP's Wii isn't bootmii as boot2 then he should follow mauifrog's guide. Enough said

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea