Bricked Wii Repaired By Nintendo in record time!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jizmo, Dec 24, 2008.

Dec 24, 2008
  1. Jizmo
    OP

Member Jizmo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I dropped my bricked Wii off at Federal Xpress last friday. Nin sent me email that had the packing slip pre-made and all I had to do was print it out and attach it to box. Dropped off around noon Friday Dec 19th. Today Wednesday Dec 24th, my front door bell rang and it was delivery guy with 2 packages. My wife is diabetic and we expected it to be her Insulin Pump supplies.
    She open first box and was shocked to find a Wii inside. It was the return from Nintendo. It had a not saying that the one I sent in was unable to be repaired without losing the data saved on it. They sent me a different Wii though, case is a little dirty, and I plugged it in and within half an hour had downgraded from 3.3u to 3.2u with starfall. Less than a week turnaround for the repair shocked me though. I expected this being Christmas time that it would be the second week of January before I got it back. Good Job Nintendo. BTW..... When I called them to get an RMA number it was December 17th. They informed me my warranty expires on December 18th. Hehehehe

This took place in the United States of course.

2. spacemansp

Newcomer spacemansp Member

United States
    how did you brick it?

3. propered

Member propered GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It is pretty damn good considering it is xmas...really well explained untill

"blah blah......of course"

I don't understand the last sentence

4. Arendo

Member Arendo GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I think he meant the time it takes to fix varies per region/country ...

5. Jizmo
    OP

Member Jizmo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It was Bricked From a bad channel wad. And I hadn't downgraded it to 3.2 and put starfall on. Not Chipped.

As far as the Blah....Blah goes..... I tend to ramble. Especially if I'm in a good mood which I am because of getting Wii back so soon.

6. yoitsme

Newcomer yoitsme Advanced Member

United States
    You and me both Jizmo. Exact same story as you. They received it friday and it arrived today this afternoon. I guess this was nintendo's Christmas present to us. I was completly shocked that it was that fast. And they did next day shipping back. And anyone be cautious about installing a mplayer .07 wad file that I got from this forum.

7. TheWon

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No this how Nintendo works. I sent my Wii in a few months ago. They got it on a Friday fixed and shipped back the same day. It then took 3 days to get from California to Texas. They just do good work. Think about have you ever heard about a Nintendo system having problems.

Compared to the RED Ring 360 or the PS2 and it's problems.