BRICKED WII! HELP!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JN_big3, Oct 1, 2011.

Oct 1, 2011

BRICKED WII! HELP! by JN_big3 at 2:24 PM (3,064 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. JN_big3
    OP

Member JN_big3 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Hi guys,
    My Wii is already softmodded. It's black. It's in 4.3u firmware. I installed HBC via Letterbomb. I installed bootmii as IOS. Priiloader won't show up when pressing the reset botton for 7 seconds while the Wii is turned on. Nothing shows up when Wii is turned on. No access to Bootmii because it isn't installed as boot2. So here's what happened why my Wii got bricked. So first of all Priiloader was installed before my Wii got bricked. I was going to play Wii Sports Resort. Showing at the banner of the Disc Channel it says: "Wii System Update". So I was shocked because in my Priiloader I enabled: "Disable Wii system updates" So I tried re-installing Priiloader (I'm such a noob because I didn't even check Priiloader first and try to redo the settings). So I used MMM to install Priiloader. So usually when you install Priiloader, It says something like 5 secs. So I waited for 5 secs. Then something showed up saying "Stack Dump bla bla bla" So I turned off my Wii. Then I turned it up, Then nothing shows up in the screen. The Wii just make some noises when it turns on. The Disc drive light blinks twice as a normal wii does. The Wii doesn't recognize the remote. PLEASE HELP ME!!

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    You best hope that you have a NAND backup so I can fix it for you, otherwise your wii is unrepairable without one.

3. JN_big3
    OP

Philippines
    Actually I live in the Philippines, Unless you live here in the Philippines. Can you give me a tutorial. Please, I don't want to send it to Nintendo and have to pay for it.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Sorry, but I don't think there ARE tutorials for your case. [​IMG]

Any course of action would require you to have a starting point. With bootmii as boot2, that would mean having the \bootmii folder with content on the SD card. With priiloader, it's holding the reset button until the display shows up.

Unfortunately, both options don't work for you.

...Wait: you write:

Priiloader won't show up when pressing the reset botton for 7 seconds while the Wii is turned on.

Assuming that isn't a typo, that's the wrong thing. What you'll need to is hold the reset button while the wii is turned OFF, and then (while keeping that button pressed) hit the power button with another finger.

But if that doesn't work...sorry. Priiloader overwrites the system menu, which is, on a bootmii-as-ios-only wii the first thing that shows up. If that installation gets corrupted, there isn't much you can do. Perhaps there are decent unofficial repairmen in the Philippines (take note of the "decent"), but DeadlyFoez is about the only guy in the world that I would trust enough to actually know how to fix such an error and send the wii back afterwards.

I really don't think it'll be a softmod only solution, so unless you have an infactus...infractous...something like that (I forget the name), a procedure probably won't help to begin with.

5. akari212

Member akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    One thing I will never do on MMM is the priiloader part. MMM's priiloader installer is broken. And I also get that error too (STACK DUMP), but this time I just pressed reset button and a little message on screen show "Returning to HBC". Then it returns to HBC and got my laptop search a little about priiloader, and I found this standalone installer.

And then I just installed the plain priiloader installer 0.7 and it works fine.

Anyway, if you still have your NAND backup residing on your SD card, reflash that using the "Progskeet NAND flasher or any similar flashing tools" and it will make thing back to normal from the last time you backup your NAND. Or use the Progskeet NAND explorer and delete the files relates to priiloader (see how to delete priiloader on SNEEK/UNEEK, you will do the same thing on real NAND)

6. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    according to your sig. --->"Homebrew, WiiFlow, WiiXplorer, Priiloader, Homebrew Browser, GBAtemp.net. Wii Black Console, WiiMC, Black Wii themes, VBAGX, FCEUGX, SNES9XGX, UNEEK+DI, POSTLOADER2, BOOTMII AS BOOT2, BOOTMII AS IOS, INFECTUS Modchips, Unbrick Wii's, ModMii NUS Downloader, Wii hacking and softmodding, Wii games, Nintendo, BootMii, SaveMii, SaveMiiFrii, NAND backup, WiiBackupManager, WBFS Manager" ​ you already have a way to fix your problem, use the infectus. other then that if no dump, you could give blind a try since you also say you have bootmii at boot2. or you could try savemiifrii.

7. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    MMM doesn't install Priiloader, lol. It allows you to edit hacks and, if you have Priiloader installed, reboot into it.

8. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    messing with the real NAND with out knowing what your doing.(hm. black wii, with bootmii @boot2,an ios?) last i knew that's impossible on "black wii". unless he changed the case.
    any way back on topic.if he just hackedhis wii, an was installing priiloader, i don't think he did a nand dump before then. so best chance of fixing, is infectus or blind. but he would still need his "keys"? or if this sounds like to much, for you. cheaper to buy a used/new one.

9. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    savemifrii method? Sticking a Gamecube controller on the 4th GC port and while turning on your Wii, keep all the pad buttons pressed (in all directions). If this works for you, get a modchip with autoboot features and a copy of smash brawl. If the game boots, you can use smashstack to run the hackmii installer, reinstall HBC, bootmii as ios AND fix your problems.

10. JoostinOnline

United States
    The modchip has to be pre-configured on another Wii.

11. JN_big3
    OP

Philippines
    Actually, When it already tries reflashing the nand.bin the screen on my laptop freezes, but I left it there for an hour but nothing. I tried what you said about bootmii as boot2 but nothing shows up even though I have the bootmii floder in my SD card with the files on it. :(.

Anyway, just bought a new motherboard from ebay Philippines which cost me P3000 or in dollars it is about $65.

Anyway, thanks for the help even though I didn't fix my Wii. I officially close this thread even though I don't know how xDDD

12. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Some modchips have the autoboot functions enabled natively, WASABI DX is one of them (at least booting games from the savemii method). But yes.

13. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    you can't close a topic on your own you have to reprt it to a moderator. but they won't lock it they'll just say that if ayone else as the problem they can use ths thread

14. JoostinOnline

United States
    I'm pretty sure you still need to configure it once. You can buy some pre-configured though.