Hacking Bricked Wii Gone Bad

Mas01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi gbatemp members,

My Wii got bricked as I was softmodding it, the Wii was working perfectly ever-since I installed CIOS60-BF, upon a reboot my Wii bricked and gave me an error message "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Menu for help troubleshooting." I cannot bypass this message (locks up). Also I am not sure if I have pre-loader installed. I also didn't backup my NAND but I managed to install bootMii as an IOS if that helps.

DeadWii1.jpg

Thanks.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hold reset when you power on, hopefully preloader will load, exit to the homebrew channel and reinstall preloader, it should be fine then.

Mas01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
andrewhan4 said:
Hold reset when you power on, hopefully preloader will load, exit to the homebrew channel and reinstall preloader, it should be fine then.
Hi thanks for the quick reply, what happens if I don't have pre-loader installed? I am not at home at the moment, I'm at work so when I get home I'll have try. Thanks for the reply.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mas01 said:
Hi thanks for the quick reply, what happens if I don't have pre-loader installed? I am not at home at the moment, I'm at work so when I get home I'll have try. Thanks for the reply.

I'm guessing whats happened is that you've had preloader installed then installed cios60bf.wad - cios60bf.wad doesn't have the ES_DiVerify patch in it so preloader can't load the System Menu and you get the System files corrupted message. When this happens you can still get into preloader and then into hbc. Reinstalling preloader forces it to repatch IOS 60 with ES_DiVerify and the System Menu should work correctly again.

If it doesn't work I'm not sure what else you can do, someone else may know tho.

P.s. make sure you reinstall preloader with v0.29 (or later)

Mas01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
andrewhan4 said:
Mas01 said:

I'm guessing whats happened is that you've had preloader installed then installed cios60bf.wad - cios60bf.wad doesn't have the ES_DiVerify patch in it so preloader can't load the System Menu and you get the System files corrupted message. When this happens you can still get into preloader and then into hbc. Reinstalling preloader forces it to repatch IOS 60 with ES_DiVerify and the System Menu should work correctly again.

If it doesn't work I'm not sure what else you can do, someone else may know tho.

P.s. make sure you reinstall preloader with v0.29 (or later)

Yeah that's correct, that's what happened to me. Awesome, thanks a lot for your help man, appreciate it.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
do tell me how the fuck you did that brick and not even know for sure if you have preloader/priiloader installed. if you ask me you should die or get a brain

chrispinifer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do you by chance have a disk in your drive that your Wii doesn't like? That happened to me once before - I got that message and I paaaaaaaanicked!!! I thought my Wii was bricked, but I pulled the disk out after an hour of frantically searching the internet. After pulling out the disk and resetting my Wii, all was well. Just a potential oops?

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chrispinifer said:
Do you by chance have a disk in your drive that your Wii doesn't like? That happened to me once before - I got that message and I paaaaaaaanicked!!! I thought my Wii was bricked, but I pulled the disk out after an hour of frantically searching the internet. After pulling out the disk and resetting my Wii, all was well. Just a potential oops?

I always have this message after playing nhl2k10.. what is wrong?? I had this message even I didn't touch my wii with homebrew or wad...

After waiting 5 min I can restart my wii...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, yeah it's an ATX for sure lol +1