Bricked Wii going to buy a new one

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ajoesmith, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ajoesmith
    OP

ajoesmith Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    As the title says i bricked my wii. Fully bricked not recoverable so lets not discuss it.

Going to buy a new one it will probably have 4.0 or 4.1 whatever is the current firmware.

As far as i know, Hackmii with bannerbomb will get the HBC on, it worked on my last wii which was version 4.0, is this correct? and should i also load boot mii too?

But what is the safest way to get USB loader GX on it and working

If you can help it would be much appreciated as i would prefer not to brick a second wii!

2. DKAngel

DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2009
    Perth,Australia
    look up guides for the lu64+ wiis and go from there but its a matter of bannerbomb hbc cios usbloader gx and thats it (bootmii is usless on newer wiis)

also how did u brick your wii

3. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    check out the guide i just wrote

4. kwirky

kwirky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    buy an old Wii fro ebay.

5. thc42O

thc42O Banned

Banned
    Jan 3, 2009
    Canada
    most of the time wiis are gunna come with 3.2-3.4 on it do bbomb hbc install then dvdx then install cios rev 14 then update through nintendo then use usbloader enjoy

6. tanis698

tanis698 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2009
    United States
    bootmii isn't useless on a newer wii. as long as you have preloader and don't uninstall your system menu you can use your nand backup to recover..before anybody says blah blah it don't work here http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1339 and i have done it on a lu65 wii.