Hacking Bricked Wii after unplugging for a month.

therockerkid60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey this is my first post here. But I am having a problem with my modded wii. I unplugged it for about a month. So I go to play it. It will only show version number in the corner and I can only load games off disc (never used a wad though.) So could someone help me?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...so it's not bricked, it's a fully functioning system? Since you just said you can load up games from discs... :unsure:

Maybe you just accidentally updated it? "Bricked" means "Black screen, can't do f*ck-all".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No. It will not boot. I hold reset too. And nothing will happen
...what exactly doesn't boot? In one post you say that the system itself boots just fine, in the other you say that you have a black screen and the system doesn't boot. Describe your situation in more detail, tell us if you have BootMii or Priiloader installed etc.

therockerkid60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...what exactly doesn't boot? In one post you say that the system itself boots just fine, in the other you say that you have a black screen and the system doesn't boot. Describe your situation in more detail, tell us if you have BootMii or Priiloader installed etc.
I have them installed. They will not boot now. When I hold reset nothing happens. So help

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have them installed. They will not boot now. When I hold reset nothing happens. So help
Perhaps some of the system files are corrupt, have you considered a whole new re-softmod using ModMii?

The whole wii menu will not boot either
Oh. Alright, so how'd you manage to load games off discs if the System Menu doesn't show up?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You either have priiloader installed or you used startpatch. Either way you patch the force standard recovery menu and ignore diagnostic disc check. Hopefully you used priiloader as it should load when turning the wii off, hold reset, power the wii on and keep holding reset. If you used startpatch it will be more complicated as you will need to use a disc exploit to fix it, or a recovery disc if your wii is dip patched. If you used startpatch you should be able to load SSBB and run the hackmii installer, then exit the installer to the HBC and disable the patches with startpatch. Hopefully it was priiloader, just load it and disable those patches.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Fixed!But now im gonna sell this thing towards a new xbox 360 (Don't hate my old one cant even load black ops 2 right) How would i unmod it?
completely unmodding is kinda risky but if you just turn off all the priiloader hacks and delete the homebrew channel (and any other channels you have that are not really legit) I'm sure no one will be able to tell.

(even if you work REALLY hard at it I'm sure Nintendo could tell it was once hacked but they're not gonna be sending it in for repairs if they bought it used anyway.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a bad price or speed all things considered lol