Hacking Bricked vwii. Tried some stuff, but no luck. Advice?

teege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was dumb and tried to hack my vwii with the WADs that are meant for a Wii.

1. Wii logo appears on gamepad, but then it and screen go black.
2. HBL2HBC leads to black screen.

Borrowed my cousin's clean Wii U and dumped the NAND, extracted the files from slccmp.bin. Tried replacing only select files that I've read are used for the system menu, but no luck.

Then I deleted all of my files and FTP'd the backup files over. Still nothing... Anybody have any other suggestions?

teege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am able to replace the boot.dol inside of my Nintendont forwarder. The .dol will load, but then it seems like the vwii freezes and I can't make a selection. Tried YAWMM and DDD. I guess this is because I can't run HackMii boot.elf because I can't get the system menu.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you know which wad you installed/replaced?
usually it's IOS58 only, but you sound like you replaced more wads.

You can follow my guide, it lets you fix your vWii directly from WiiU mode :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/7687375
the guide is written only with vWii IOS58 in mind, but if you replaced other IOS and the system menu (full pack of wad, really people should stop using wads to hack the consoles, there are installer for a reason) you will have to restore every corrupted IOS too.

but it looks like your situation is even worse, you deleted all the SCLCMP's content?
not sure how to fix this. You might need to flash the dump with a hardware flasher and a fixed version of your dump (some dump need fixing first).

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: teege

teege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I have a bad habit of staying up too long and then trying to hack stuff in a sleepy state.

I deleted the slccmp content from my Wii U but used FTPiiU everywhere to replace it with the content of the slccmp.bin from my cousins clean Wii U. I'm currently getting ready to attempt your guide. I have a Nintendont forwarder that works and lets me load GC tites. But I've already made attempts to replace the .dol from my Nintendont forwarder with YAWMM and then DDD, and DDD actually loaded and didn't freeze. The problem was that I couldn't get the program to accept any input from any Wiimote, gamepad, or GC controller.

Fingers crossed this works, thanks for responding and making this guide. I appreciate everything you do buddy.

teege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balls... same results. YAWMM loads, but it won't accept any inputs. So strange because Nintendont works. I guess I replaced some IOS that handles remote inputs. I'd probably need a program that was made to run automatically to return a regular Wii to virgin state maybe? Doubt that exists. Bleh. I'll just have to be satisfied with my Wii U doing only Wii U and GC games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you launch from wiivc, you might need some settings to enable wiimote.
I don't know which option it is, you might have to ask in the WiiVc injector script thread for more help with the options.

There's no program to revirginize.

Using ftpiiu everywhere might be the problem, file permission is not set correctly.
maybe other issues I'm not thinking.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you launch from wiivc, you might need some settings to enable wiimote.
I don't know which option it is, you might have to ask in the WiiVc injector script thread for more help with the options.

There's no program to revirginize.

Using ftpiiu everywhere might be the problem, file permission is not set correctly.
maybe other issues I'm not thinking.
That's what I was thinking too. You can't just replace everything with ftpiiu. Some files need specific permissions set.

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by shaneod,
Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't know about that script to fix all permissions at once.
thank you for helping here :)

maybe he still has his own vWii backup where he could recover his own consoleID/config files. (SYSCONF, maybe other files in shared2 folder)

teege, if you have a backup of your own vWii NAND, you could try to extract its files, restore them with ftpiiu and use that script to set the file/folder's permission.
then, follow my guide again to overwrite the replaced IOS and system menu title.

or use your cousin's files (as you already did it), but like said you could have issues due to the console's ID being identical.

Last edited by Cyan,

teege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have my NAND, I was a fool when I started this.

I've been trying my best to get this worked out, but here is where I've hit a wall. I edited the IP, and with CBHX I load Mocha CFW, enable developers tools on the internet app, and try executing, but this is what I end up with.

9p5lAZV

9p5lAZV.png

Thanks for all the help so far, and I'd really appreciate it if anybody could continue to help me if possible.

Last edited by teege,

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have my NAND, I was a fool when I started this.

I've been trying my best to get this worked out, but here is where I've hit a wall. I edited the IP, and with CBHX I load Mocha CFW, enable developers tools on the internet app, and try executing, but this is what I end up with.

9p5lAZV

9p5lAZV.png

Thanks for all the help so far, and I'd really appreciate it if anybody could continue to help me if possible.
Try using Python 2.7 instead, but if that doesn't work, no idea.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried ftpii u everywhere (the one for mocha)? wupclient is pretty slow. it takes minutes to transfer over a couple MBs.

edit: oh, it looks like you already tried that. you may be sol if you deleted everything from slcmpt.

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent