Hacking Bricked Switch due to Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. Need help restoring Nand..

PeterDiaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I only have rawnand.bin, will there be any way to extract Boot0 and Boot1 even though the Nintendo Switch has a blue screen?

midstor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring the rawnand.bin again did not work. The switch just boots to a blue screen. Any ideas?
Place ur jig in the console hold volume + and hold power for 12 seconds and while still holding the combo double hit the power button, then inject ur payload and install autorcm. Then update the console.

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The thing is, I haven't protected him at all. He wants to right what's been wrong, I seen the conversations of them. But be honest to me now, how would banning him here do anything? Send a signal? I'm try to be civil, protect users and the site.

He did a shitty thing, people that tried to pirate a game did a shitty thing. In the end, both parties made wrongs here.

I however are trying together with two others to fix the issue this have caused. Also in the end if it works, Yay the Switches got fixed! Worse case the Switches are still dead :(
I will have to apologise here. I'm not involved (as in I'm not a victim) but I'm emotionally invested when I see his "sorry not sorry" attitude that speaks volumes.

Reactions: KingMuk

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Creation made the malware, he is deeply sorry tho
I don't see the two (now three, involving another person who is going to participate in future schemes of theirs as revealed in reddit) being sorry.

If this Creation fella can find a way to unbrick Switches or write programs that disables these brickers before it can be deployed, I think people would be more appreciative.
It leaves a bad taste when pirates vs pirates (that Creatable & Jellyperson vs some whatever pirate wares site) and bystanders (innocent or not) get shot in the crossfire. Worse is they call it a "prank". It isn't even funny one bit .

Reactions: KingMuk

midstor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the two (now three, involving another person who is going to participate in future schemes of theirs as revealed in reddit) being sorry.

If this Creation fella can find a way to unbrick Switches or write programs that disables these brickers before it can be deployed, I think people would be more appreciative.
It leaves a bad taste when pirates vs pirates (that Creatable & Jellyperson vs some whatever pirate wares site) and bystanders (innocent or not) get shot in the crossfire. Worse is they call it a "prank". It isn't even funny one bit .
I totally agree, and I mentioned the wrong person. It was someone named @Creatable

Reactions: CSpiritsong

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
wait really? what is he planning
Delayed timer payload. On any future xci and nsp. Basically, you run the program, and some time in the future, it just bricks the Switch (regardless whether you are using it or not). Something like a ticking timmebomb of sorts .

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by bundat,

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh man after reading some pages of this thread i‘m just still asking myself: Why do some devs include a brick code into a game? What‘s the benefit of doing such a thing? I mean piracy is not good at all but i don‘t think that this dev(s) have done that because of preventing piracy, they just did it to have fun. The screenshoted posts proove that because they are talking about confusing users and that‘s a real s**** move from this devs. I hope they will never develop/inject such a brick code that bricks console a few days after running/ installing the game.
As is said i can‘t imagine why they are doing such a bi**** move! I didn‘t expect something from devs who are not related to Nintendo or the Game publishers because if they would belong to that group of people i would understand why doing something like that (it would still be bad behavior) but so ... that’s only sad for the whole community!

But if people are using methods to pirate games then they should check every nsp to see where it comes from and only use trusted sources.
I saw the uploads of the new pokemon games and first thing that came to my mind was „That game isn‘t released officially so it‘s pre release and that didn‘t end well in the past thinking of all the 3DS consoles been banned for playing the games early. Because of that i didn‘t downloaded the game as i would do it with every game that is not released at the time the upload was made because of that risk of getting banned.

But this case shows me one more time that it‘s better to use xci's.
Or does such a brick code also works when it‘s build into an xci that‘s loaded via SX OS?

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i found both xci files on a trusted site can this brick my switch ?? or nsp only
As of the info‘s i have xci can brick device too because it‘s the same data when starting the game and the Brickcode get‘s executed when the game gets started.

If you would like send me a link to the source of your files and i try to check it.
Until now only the Pikatchu version seems to have it included.

If you want to be 100% then watch the forum you got it if people are complaining about bricks or test it your self if you have a NAND Backup.

But Scene Releases from big group seem to be ok so before downloading a game took at
Code:
https://xrel.to
That should be ok to post the link here because on xrel yoj can‘t download Games and there are also no links to uploaded Games.

Last edited by noX1609,

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As of the info‘s i have xci can brick device too because it‘s the same data when starting the game and the Brickcode get‘s executed when the game gets started.

If you would like send me a link to the source of your files and i try to check it.
Until now only the Pikatchu version seems to have it included.

If you want to be 100% then watch the forum you got it if people are complaining about bricks or test it your self if you have a NAND Backup.

But Scene Releases from big group seem to be ok so before downloading a game took at
Code:
https://xrel.to
That should be ok to post the link here because on xrel yoj can‘t download Games and there are also no links to uploaded Games.

i can send you the link but i believe the website is invite only private !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

both pokemon games are from nsw venom and nsw lightforce

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
question for future reference: I made a rawnand backup when I first hacked the switch, but didn't do boot0/boot1 because none of the guides mentioned it. I have updated from 6.0 to 6.1 since. If I backup boot0/1 now, will it restore properly or do I need to re-backup the entire thing? I do have my keys.txt, so if that's enough to rebuild it without major hassle, I might just not bother since backing up again would take hours.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question for future reference: I made a rawnand backup when I first hacked the switch, but didn't do boot0/boot1 because none of the guides mentioned it. I have updated from 6.0 to 6.1 since. If I backup boot0/1 now, will it restore properly or do I need to re-backup the entire thing? I do have my keys.txt, so if that's enough to rebuild it without major hassle, I might just not bother since backing up again would take hours.
I don't know if it's enough, I would advise to make a backup regardless.
In the case you need it,you'll be glad you did it instead of being sorry you didnt

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu NSW-LiGHTFORCE

Pok mon: Let's Go, Pikachu! © Nintendo

<--( Release Information )------------------------------------- ----- -->

Console System: Nintendo Switch - Region: Europe
Game Type: RPG - Languages: Multi 9
Backup Format: XCI - Size/Format: 8 GB
Release Date: 2018-11-14 - Orginal: Cartridge
Street Date: 2018-11-16 - Tested with: SX OS 2.0

Pokemon Lets Go Eevee NSW-VENOM

Title: Pok mon: Let's Go, Eevee! |
| |
| Publisher: Nintendo Platform: Nintendo Switch |
| Developer: GAME FREAK Inc. Origin: Europe |
| Genre: Adventure / Role-Playing Title ID: 0100187003A36000 |
| Size: 8GB Cartridge Serial: LA-H-ADW3A |: Date: November 2018 Format: 48x100MB / XCI |
__ //|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night