Hacking Question Bricked Switch Because I Used DevMenu. Made rawnand.bin and Boot0/1 Backup After it happened

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broken tickets are completely different from a brick
True, I just answered the user in question with what we know a bad DevMenu NSP is capable of. I feel like OP does not have a bricked console but a video game console that cannot play games, well, is about as good as a paperweight.

D

Deleted User

Have you done the basics like hold power down for 30 seconds and then try rebooting. Or even unplugging the battery letting it sit for a few minutes then trying again just to be sure it's not a hard lockup.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait what how on earth you remove an sd card on accident from a Switch? Gonna need to explain what actually happen if your looking for help
Did you use auto rcm? most ppl claim their switch is bricked b/c of that, but it really isnt

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i was being a dummy and i removed the sd card on accident while on devmenu
How does that "brick" even turn out?
Did you try holding power for 12 seconds?
Did you try going into maintenance mode to fix things from there?
Also you could (theoretically) edit the NAND backup that you made after you messed up and remove the devmenu (or whatever NSP you installed) from it before restoring it. Not sure if and how this works, but theoretically it should be possible.

Reactions: intellettuanale

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Correct me if i´m wrong but isn´t the "bad ticket brick" fixed by reinitialising the switch via recovery mode?

Even if OP removed the sd during nsp install process it should result in a faulty/broken ticket (though why the heck would someone do this??)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended