Hacking bricked softmod wii how to unbrick

dagnall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i tried putting installing some wads i forget what they were now anyways i turned my wii off then on and it came up with a system menu corrupted so i turned it of and on holding restart to launch preloader up i uninstalled a wad to see if that was the reason turned the wii off and on now it is just a black screen it wont let me do the preloader no menu health screen nothing just a black screen i have it softmodded everything worked fine before i started messing with it its on 4.1e please can anyone help thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The wad you have removed was IOS60, correct? This will mean your wii is fullbricked, do you have bootmii boot2 and/or a NAND backup? Oh, and how old is your wii?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
at the top of every good guide, it says NEVER uninstall any IOSs or system menu's (which come in wads)... u may have bricked your Wii

do u have bootmii @ boot2, how about a nand dump, or are u able to access priiloader by holding reset as the Wii boots up?

dagnall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not sure what wad i uninstalled n i do have nand backup but only as ios as it couldnt do the boot2 n not sure i bought it second hand a few months ago

dagnall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
at the top of every good guide, it says NEVER uninstall any IOSs or system menu's (which come in wads)... u may have bricked your Wii

do u have bootmii @ boot2, how about a nand dump, or are u able to access priiloader by holding reset as the Wii boots up?
not sure about the nand dump??? but the bootmi is ios not boot2 as it wouldnt let me do boot2 and not able to access preloader or anything

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, summing it all up....no bootmii@boot2 and no priiloader access....hmm, sounds pretty much like you're screwed without a NAND dump and infectus.....sux to be u....

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
nand dump is the same as a nand backup

anyways, since u have a nand backup u are in luck, you can fix your Wii using an infectus nand programmer.... but its not easy to do.

You can send your Wii to DeadlyFoez and he can do it for u for cheap (prolly $40 on top of S&H), but there may be someone else able to fix your Wii closer to you (Foez is in the states). But he can definitely fix your wii as long as u send him a copy of your nand backup. You can email him at [email protected] and make your own arrangements

I hope u at least learned a lesson though all of this... don't go deleting things on a whim... I feel bad for u, but u kinda got what you deserved.

dagnall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
brausm08 said:
so, summing it all up....no bootmii@boot2 and no priiloader access....hmm, sounds pretty much like you're screwed without a NAND dump and infectus.....sux to be u....
how do i find out if i have a nand dump and what is infectus,
if i do have a nand dump what do i do with it?
i have been reading about savemiifree is that any good to me? or universal unbrick? or autoboot discs for homebrew?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dagnall3 said:
brausm08 said:
i have been reading about savemiifree is that any good to me? or universal unbrick? or autoboot discs for homebrew?
if you don't know "how to find out if you have a NAND dump"....i'm pretty positive you don't....

dagnall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
brausm08 said:
dagnall3 said:
brausm08 said:
if you don't know "how to find out if you have a NAND dump"....i'm pretty positive you don't....
i think i do but i want to make sure is it when i did the bootmii thing and it went along with little green dots then checked it all or is that something else?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dagnall3 said:
i think i do but i want to make sure is it when i did the bootmii thing and it went along with little green dots then checked it all or is that something else?
props to you, maybe you do then....you should have two files on your SD card called NAND.bin and keys.bin (unless you've moved them elsewhere -- like onto your computer)...these two together form a NAND dump (NAND backup)...see Xflax's post on how to proceed....

best of luck to you....the time/effort/$ trying to fix may equal just buying another used one though....

...or...since you don't have much to lose, you could send it on over to our friends at the big N and tell them it don't work after an update.....maybe they'll just replace it for you....at worst they'll tell you it'll cost an equivalent of a used wii to fix (if they discover modifications)....

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
fyi, the keys.bin isn't that important because it is appended to the end of the nand.bin. So basically, the nand.bin also includes the keys.bin, so a nand dump is just one file really, the nand.bin. Anyways, the keys.bin is like 1KB so no point deleting it. It used to be required back when the nand dumps didn't include the keys.bin appended to it (last seen in the hackmii installer v0.3 I believe). Anyways, this doesn't change anything, just a little extra info for those who are interested.

dagnall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i have the nand backup just looked now how do i sort it out iv been told to load bootmii but cause i cant do anything i dont kno anouther way to load bootmii if there is a way so what do i do with the nand backup now??

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dagnall3 said:
so i have the nand backup just looked now how do i sort it out iv been told to load bootmii but cause i cant do anything i dont kno anouther way to load bootmii if there is a way so what do i do with the nand backup now??
with your NAND dump, you only have the infectus option....just read xflak's post (#7)....
you have no bootmii option....as you don't have it installed at boot2

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just read all posts and he does NOT get what you guys are saying.

To keep it short:
- you cannot fix your wii by yourself.
- KEEP THE NAND BACKUP ITS IMPORTANT.
- Find someone who is experienced with the infectus, for example Deadlyfoez like mentioned above (it is used to flash your wii, or easier to say to fix your wii)
- Last chance call nintendo

Hope this cleared it up, goodluck mate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No matter the limit he always gives the tip