Bricked PSP - Where to acquire a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Sorock12, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Sorock12
    OP

Sorock12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    United States
    Hello friends! Been looking into unbricking this old PSP 1001 I have, however I came to the realization that the only way to fix this fully bricked system is with a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick. I've been searching online, but most do not have them in stock and I am kinda hesitant on sending my PSP out to service the battery and memory stick. Plus I am not exactly comfortable hard modding my current battery either, so yeah... I am kinda stuck in a bind. Where could I possibly acquire these things at this current time?

2. Tweaker_Modding

Tweaker_Modding Siezure Dice™

Sep 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere
    Idk my PSP also has this issue

I have a Pandora Battery and a Magic Memory Stick but i can’t get my PSP to load from the MMS

3. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    Not sure if it can unbrick, but this is from the Pandora/MMS Guide to installing CFW thread:
    You can also just buy a pandora battery online, in that thread they recommend dealextreme.com.

4. Sorock12
    OP

Sorock12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    United States
    That site doesn't exist, well okay the site does exist, but by a different URL But looking at the site they don't seem to have any batteries in stock. Unless that site posted isn't working due to net stuff, I'll have to wait or attempt to find things. Just no luck so far as of yet.

5. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    i used to get mine from dealextreme back in the day or dx.com it was for a while

6. Tweaker_Modding

Sep 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere
    I made my pandora battery the old fashioned way but

Will PSP grader detect a bricked PSP?

7. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    I'm not entirely sure what PSP grader does, but if it just sets up an MMS that formats the sysnand and installs cfw then I don't see why it wouldn't work.

8. Sorock12
    OP

Sorock12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    United States
    After a couple days of searching, it seems there's not many places besides ebay to get a Pandora Battery. Which kind of blows since those can be a bit expensive plus come with a MMS. I may have to suck it up and either hardmod my battery or spend the money to do so.

9. Tweaker_Modding

Sep 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere
    Tried it and it failed to detect the psp i did use psp grader to put the files on my usb drive then i copied it the files to my memory stick via my hax ps3 (its the very first model so it has a memory stick port) and then put it in my psp

The psp failed to read the memory stick and boot me into recovery