Hacking Bricked Powersaves for Amiibo?

mooglazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just picked up a Powersaves for Amiibo and plugged it up to Windows 10. The device manager picked it up, and I then ran the NaMiio software. It immediately jumped to "upgrading device", the blue LED started blinking and sat for a minute before the software crashed.

I tried starting the software up, but now it doesn't detect the device and the blue LED just blinks. Is it bricked, and is there a way to restore it?

Edit: Exchanged it for another one. It detected, but even with the official software, it's been stuck at an orange 50% for an hour.

http://i.imgur.com/VOpq37k.jpg

Edit 2: Unplugged it, restarted software, it finished the update and now seems to be working. Gotta love cheap chinese hardware.

Last edited by mooglazer,

pic2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am stuck at the exact a=same spot you are with updating this stupid things software. When you unplugged it, did it work for you after that? This is my 2nd one and my 1st one bricked itself just around this time.

DMG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Had the same issue. I plugged it into a powered USB hub and it just didn't work. Tried another USB port on the back of my PC and it continued the update process. Seems to work now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.