bricked pink ds lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ajjav924, Mar 20, 2007.

Mar 20, 2007

bricked pink ds lite by ajjav924 at 11:50 PM (969 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ajjav924
    OP

Member ajjav924 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I used an r4 to try to flash a pink ds lite with flashmev7. it stopped at 31% and turned off. now it won't turn on anymore. I tried to put an ez flash iv and turn it on again. then i remembered the button combo of start+select+a+b to enter recovery mode but it didn't enter. how do I restore the ds to it's original firmware?

2. cheesyPOOF5

Member cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I dunno, but when it stops, you just have to move the tool around until you short it again...

3. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    You have to be holding the key combo while turning on the DS. The failsafe is already in place, btw.

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    It's never happened to me before, but outphase is correct, it is fixable but normally what you'd have to do is remove the passme device and just let the flashme run its recovery code from slot 2....it may not work from a device like r4....but like I said, this is all conjecture.....I'm just offering ideas.

5. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    OP said he had an EZ Flash IV, and yes, make sure there is nothing in slot 1.

6. ps2.au

Member ps2.au Advanced Member

Australia
    i had flashed at least 10 NDSL now, sometime it power off at xx% but it will turn on again when i power on.

7. m|kk|

Member m|kk| GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When I bricked my Ice Blue DS lite, I was able to re-flash it by placing Spikey's BIOS in mine, starting the Flashme, then swapping the BIOS chips... [​IMG] So, if you have another DS Lite handy, that could work... [​IMG]

Oh, but then there were a few multiplayer games (especially Clubhouse Games) that we couldn't play together because it thought we had the same DS! It was SO freaky.... [​IMG]