Bricked phatie blue ds

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by asnka, Oct 10, 2006.

Oct 10, 2006

Bricked phatie blue ds by asnka at 11:56 AM (765 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. asnka

Newcomer asnka Advanced Member

Apr 27, 2006
    United States
    i got a phat blue ds...
    when i flashed it it went to 33%...and stoped so i turned it off...
    turned it back on and it bricked
    black screens...
    i have a supercard sd and superkey

can i fix this?

can someone help me...
    dont make me tell my girl her ds is dead!
    please help!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

Nov 14, 2005
    United Kingdom
    33% means your safe as the fail-safe code has been flashed, folllow these steps exactly...

1) take out you're passcard/1/2 you don't need it now and it will interfere with flasme's fail-safe boot... so i remind again to take it out.

2) put the flashme file you were using when it stopped at 33% onto the root of the mem card by itself.. move anything else to PC... this is so the flashme file will run by pressing 'A' and nothing else as the fail-safe will boot a blank screen (so only have the flashme file on you're mem card, nothing else)

3) boot you're ds (passme/passcard out) and hold START+SELECT+A+B keys (fail-safe boot) this will boot you to a blank screen (don't worry)

4) now keep pressing 'A' to start the flasme programme... the screen will come alive once the flashme programme starts and now you can carry on flashing
  3. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2005
    Home, WhereElse?
    If it freezes, you simply have to reposition the tool you were holding SL1 with.
    Turning it off because it froze == BAD!!! == you didnt read enough before you proceeded to try it.

Make sure flashme is the only thing on your SD
    Hold start+select while turning it on (forget A+B, it has nothing to do with recovery mode)
    It should be a black screen, push down a few times (just in case) and press A
    Should take you into flashme again if everything goes well, follow the procedure to flash it again but this time dont shut it off because it freezes, just short SL1 better.

Cross your fingers and hope you got enough of flashme on there for the recovery bootstrap to be intact, 33% should be more than enough though (else the only way to fix it is to flash the chip directly from a PC with a tool called PPflash, or in the case of a DSLite, to swap the chip out from a working DS until its booted).