Hacking Bricked on Gateway Ultra [ My fault]

brunno159

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, look what i've done...I've got a 4.5 3ds xl. And i used to backup my emunands...Well ive got a 9.2 Nand.bin here and tryed to restore it with gateway. Well i've used the gateway menu and restored it... Well then, i restarted my 3ds and well, now all ive got is a black screen of death. I know it's stupid but i tryed anyway... Anyone here on Brazil/Sao Paulo can do the nand mod for me?. I'm no good with eletronics..I'll pay for it, im not asking for free....

ps: ive got my old 4.5 nand.bin here too. So just need this mod done...

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on the Interior of São paulo so I think I can't help you personally ...and I'm not good with soldering ...
but just look for a tutorial and ask someone trustfull to do the solder stuff for you, then do the restauration

Reactions: Margen67

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and this is why i dont mess with Gateway.

Im sorry for your loss btw. Maybe someone can hardmod it. No one deserves a bricked console... even if its their fault.

Reactions: MrJason005

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHYYYYYYYYYYYY???

indo-de-mal-a-pior-02.jpg

brunno159

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure what happened, you tried to flash a 9.2 backup that wasn't from your console?
Nope...My own backup...As i stated I've had a 4.5. With a 9.2 emunand backup....Just tryed to restore to sysnand with the new gateay feature...Now all ive got is a black screen...It even finished after flashing....then i restarted and kaboom :/

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope...My own backup...As i stated I've had a 4.5. With a 9.2 emunand backup....Just tryed to restore to sysnand with the new gateay feature...Now all ive got is a black screen...It even finished after flashing....then i restarted and kaboom :/

Oh I see. I read somewhere else that someone flashed a emuNAND backup over their sysNAND using a hardmod, but I suppose using a software method would be pretty risky.

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes but it was extracted with emunand tool...I think the emunand is a 1:1 copy isnt it?

No, it is not a 1:1 copy.. Emunand was already modded so that you can load your custom backups, cias...
Seriously, you should not assume things... This is why Gateway warned user that flashing is a dangerous operation.. You need to be 100% clear what you are doing..

brunno159

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, it is not a 1:1 copy.. Emunand was already modded so that you can load your custom backups, cias...
Seriously, you should not assume things... This is why Gateway warned user that flashing is a dangerous operation.. You need to be 100% clear what you are doing..
I tought the things were patched on the fly when the launcher.dat was loaded...Like a ram patch or something...And the nand was just 1:1..I even can remember reading it somewhere...but well i've got a 4.5 SysNand backup here...Just need this hardware mod....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.