Hacking Bricked n3ds? - Black screen

calle81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I think my kids might have bricked our n3ds. It was setup with luma3ds to boot gateway on start and after pressing l+r and select you would be able to run games with gateway etc.

However I noticed that a system update was downloaded a few days ago and before I was able to handle that I think the kids might have installed the update.

11.0.0-33 system update was released on May 9, 2016
11.1.0-34 system update was released on September 13, 2016. I think its this upgrade that the kids did.

Anyways the screen is completely black when I start it and I can not boot luma or emunand9. I have tried to delete luma\config.bin but the screen is still black. I followed Plailects guide to a teeth when it was setup and all backups are saved.

Will i be able to revive my n3ds without a hard mod?

D

Deleted User

Hi, is hardmod still the only solution? I haven't fix my N3DS yet.
actually I would wait as their is a PoC for what is called magnet hax. If you have a nds flashcard that is rewritable (its a PoC Proof of concept. So Give it some time) But essentailly if the flashcard is supported when its released. you can unbrick with a magnet and a flashcard. (its because at bootrom, the 3ds does a check for start select and x if those buttons are pressed it will boot from a ntr (ds) cartridge. Or try to. (and the magnet is needed to put the system immediately into sleep mode as that was nintendo's way of preventing people from discovering it.) So in theory you could recover from there. And Must I say its at bootrom. So that essentially means it can fix all bricks. But due to being a proof of concept you may have to wait.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: calle81

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, is hardmod still the only solution? I haven't fix my N3DS yet.
If you wait a short time you will be able to fix it with a particular DS flashcart. If you don't have another modded 3DS to flash the flashcart then you might have to buy a PowerSaves device. But wait for the release.
Did you try booting into safe mode and updating from there? L+R+Up+A held before and during power up. You'd end up on 11.4 but you can still mod it with a second modded console (or DS flashcart + PowerSaves when the release happens).

D

Deleted User

If you wait a short time you will be able to fix it with a particular DS flashcart. If you don't have another modded 3DS to flash the flashcart then you might have to buy a PowerSaves device. But wait for the release.
Did you try booting into safe mode and updating from there? L+R+Up+A held before and during power up. You'd end up on 11.4 but you can still mod it with a second modded console (or DS flashcart + PowerSaves when the release happens).
Wait... What particular flashcard? Did the dev tell? I'm curious as i couldn't find anymore info.

Reactions: calle81

calle81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, thanks. I will wait a while and see what happens. I have a gateway 3ds and an old Ace card 2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Safe mode doesn't work. Still just a black screen.

Last edited by calle81,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.