Bricked my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ihatecapslock, May 27, 2011.

1. ihatecapslock
    OP

ihatecapslock Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    Alrighty so I was updating my Wii today with a new system menu and I accidentally installed the wrong version.

I was fairly certain I had bootmii installed but it looks like I don't.

When I start it up it just freezes at the Press A screen, no other part loads.

Is there anything I can do?

(Also please don't say that I should've done something because at this point I didn't, just tell me if there is something I can do)

2. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    what version did you install?

without bootmii/boot2 or priiloader (which is effectively removed via a SM install), i think your only hope would be savemiifree....but that'll only work if you're at

3. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    wrong.

if the "press a" screen shows up, the the recovery menu is most likely functional. you can use a savemiifree, a modchip, and a bit ofcommon sence to fix this.

4. ihatecapslock
    OP

ihatecapslock Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    Oddly enough just fixed it by ripping apart a GC controller but now my system memory is full and it won't let me leave the settings menu. Any suggestions?

5. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    use the data management shit in the settings to delete some huge saves and/or channels.

6. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    Delete some channels, possibly use bb1 to reinstall the system ios and menu and priiloader.