Hardware BRICKED MY WII

OICURPN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i was hoping to pick your brains a little.

my system is

wii key 1
system3.2 with homebrew channel updated to 4.0 including back up loader & cios 10 all is well
installed wad60 tp

then i couldnot load my backups so i figured i would delete wad60 and now my wii is just a black screen

everytime i turn the system on all i see is black any ideas.

would the savemiifrii work with my problem and do i need a original zelda disk ??

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would you ever delete something if you don't know what you/it are doing? Of course, instead of questioning your barren mentality, I'll help.

Sure, SaveMiiFrii will work.

OICURPN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been banging my head on the wall for over a week to punish myself for my stupidity.

thanks for the responce

would the gamecube controler trick work and if so what do i need to do is there a guide?

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
I think savemiifrii would work, just take apart a gcn contoller and hold down the 4 d-pad buttons whilst its in the 4th gcn slot and booting up with twilight princess. Hopefully it'll work, Good luck! and please post if it worked or not.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmmmm, why twilight princess? surely if he's on 4.0 he cant have twilight hack installed, and twilight princess cant update the wii to a firmware higher than 4.0. in fact no game can, so he's pretty much screwed as far as i can see.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't think there's a solution. The savemiifrii thing won't work.
You're not the first person to brick a wii this way. A lot of other people deleted ios60 too, thinking it just an extra one. But under 4.0, the system menu runs under it.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
hmmmm, why twilight princess? surely if he's on 4.0 he cant have twilight hack installed, and twilight princess cant update the wii to a firmware higher than 4.0. in fact no game can, so he's pretty much screwed as far as i can see.

That's not the point, and if it's still modded then it could run twilight princess dependin wut components have been modded. Also at worst if this worked it could update its self to 4.0 but then they'd lose the hacks. i'm only a coder so i dont know much >.< soz

ewanfoleor

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, they do. But it will cost you a pretty penny. I saw an invoice in the amount of 200 euro's because of non compliant software.

Look if you have, preloader installed, you should be able to acces HBC and reinstall.
If you have it, you can acces it by holding the power button simultaneously with the resetbutton.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I deleted my /windows/system32 folder and now my windows is bricked help??

Wii hacking is close to idiot proof, but not quite.

Condolences for not researching what you were doing OICURPN.

ewanfoleor said:
Well, they do. But it will cost you a pretty penny. I saw an invoice in the amount of 200 euro's because of non compliant software.
Woah. This is the first I've heard of such a thing. Do you have a link good sir?

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heran Bago said:
Hey guys I deleted my /windows/system32 folder and now my windows is bricked help??

Wii hacking is close to idiot proof, but not quite.

Condolences for not researching what you were doing OICURPN.

ewanfoleor said:
Woah. This is the first I've heard of such a thing. Do you have a link good sir?

http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/

MattMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it work if he used the SaveMii Free (GC Controler) method with a auto boot disc that had Wad Manager on it? Auto boot the disc go into WadManager and install ios60. Would need to get a modchip though.

If he has ios249 installed he might beable to use The Universal Unbrick Disc v2 with the method above.

tornado084

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did something similiar I accidentaly uninstalled a bunch of ios wads and now my wii wont boot. It turns on and spins but i get no video signal and no audio... any help?

steviekeyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so many ppl with wad issues... why do you mess with wads?

just keep it simple,

homebrew + emulation + backup loader = fun.

also if something doesn't work, dont go deleting stuff come on here first, most likely someone on here has a solution.

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tornado084 said:
I did something similiar I accidentaly uninstalled a bunch of ios wads and now my wii wont boot. It turns on and spins but i get no video signal and no audio... any help?

I think the moral of your story and the other people with bricked Wiis is...

1.) RESEARCH

2.) Back up your Wii with BootMii or some other method before f*cking around.

3.) Don't randomly uninstall your IOS files.

4.) Back up your Wii with BootMii or some other method before f*cking around.

5.) ???

6.) PROFIT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr