Bricked my Wii, not sure what to do....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ii-c-going, Nov 25, 2014.

1. ii-c-going
    OP

ii-c-going Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hi all,

Stupidity got the best of me, and now I've got a little bit of a situation here. I really hope someone could tell me what to do...

What happened:
    - Updated an already softmodded wii 3.x to 4.3E (worked)
    - Softmodded it again with letterbomb (worked)
    - Installed WiiFlow (worked)
    - Installed PriiLoader to autoboot WiiFlow (didn't work, but system menu still loaded)
    - Powered off, and powered on Wii, system menu won't load. No health screen, nothing.

Can still boot to Priiloader though, and through this I can stil boot HBC and BootMii (although I was stupid enough not to make a band-backup :wacko:). My Wii-remotes won't sync anymore, but I allready arranged for a GC controller to navigate PriiLoader. Already checked the boot settings in PriiLoader, they just say system-menu.

Sorry if this is asked a million times, but when I search for 'bricked wii' on the forums, then the results are really overwhelming... I just want to make sure I don't do stuff right now that make things even worse!

Thnx!

BTW, here's my syscheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. ii-c-going
    OP

ii-c-going Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    Update: I think i figured this out... Turns out that everything home-brew related boots from PriiLoader. Only official ninty-stuff (including the system menu) won't boot. Looking back, in the past month or so my remotes just randomly lost connection. Big coincidence that everything happend at once, but I have a strong feeling my bluetooth module gave up.

Oh well... gonna order a new module now...

3. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    does it go to 4.3 and black screen?

4. ii-c-going
    OP

ii-c-going Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    Nope... I just power the wii on, and the only thing I get is a black screen. Nothing else, not even the 'press A to continue' screen.
    Unless I power on with reset, then I get PriiLoader.

5. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    In priiloader disable all system hacks, does the system menu load? In priiloader enable force standard recovery menu, is your system version displayed in the lower right corner? In priiloader try loading nintendo channels, and try loading wii games from USB, does it all fail? If the above is true, it is likely your bt module.

6. ii-c-going
    OP

ii-c-going Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    Jup... All of the above. Very strong suspision that my BT module fried.
    thanks Mauifrog for the insight!