Bricked my Wii from 3.1J to 4.1J

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by luisgarcia, Oct 5, 2009.

Oct 5, 2009
  1. luisgarcia
    OP

Newcomer luisgarcia Newbie

Hong Kong
    Sorry all, I've follow the steps below to modify my Wii for my friend from 3.1J to 4.1J. It works the first time, however, when I start to modify for the second one. After everything is done. It return black screen for me (Full bricked?)

Steps
    1. Use Bannerbomb install BootMii, Homebrew Channel
    2. Backup NAND use BootMii (But I can't restore after it's bricked, error message dump is not this Wii)
    3. Trucha Bug restorer on IOS36 (3 steps)
    4. Install CIOS38 rev14
    5. Hermes IOS 222/223 (Use 249 and install CIOS 222 (merge 38 & 37), CIOS 223 (merge 38 & 60)
    6. Firmware Updater 4.0 (Online)
    7. Firmware Updater 4.1 (Online)
    8. Install IOS61/60 installer (Yes for IOS61, Yes and Patch for IOS60, no for Shopping channel)

After all, reset Wii and it's now black screen.

Luckily still can access bootmi for power again. Can go through Homebrew Channel. Try to load Firmware Updater 4.0 / 4.1 again (I guess it may related to system menu issue) but it refuse to install.

I've search the site but seems not finding any clue, any direction will be appreciated, I'm just turn it off and not get mess anything now.

Thanks a lot [​IMG]

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Assuming that u used BootMii v 0.3(due to the Nand is from another Wii...) go and use BootMii v0.3 Keyfix on the Nand and keys, then restore it, it works.

EDIT: I found the thread where the prog is... here

3. luisgarcia
    OP

Hong Kong
    Thanks G0dLiKe, I use the BootMii v0.3 Keyfix and now restoring my friend's Wii now.
    Hope it work.

Update: Great!!! It works and Wii restore back to 3.1J. Thanks !! [​IMG] I'll try modify again tomorrow. This time probably follow simplistic guide

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Yeah, nice to hear that you had success.

Xzxeros simplistic guide is the way to go.

5. luisgarcia
    OP

Hong Kong
    Yes, thanks for let me know the correct way to do that. It should be the easiest way to restore with NAND backup (I know how important it's now!!)

Anyway, I try to download the required files from simplistic guide, but seems can't connect to megaupload for the file, any other place you could PM me? (I need JP version for the update.)

Thanks again! [​IMG]