avisec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Bricked Korean Wii With Firmware 3.3

Here's the summary of my problem. (Actually, it's my daughter's WII, and she bricked it. But, I was able to collect these information.) There is a similar post to this, but this post contains the detailed explanation of all the situation .

>A Korean Wii with 3.3 firmware version.

>It has got auto boot enabled Drivekey with Korean settings on jumper.

>While trying to run a copied "RVL Wii Music (Pal)", it asked for an update. After this firmware update and then system restart, WII got bricked. It shows health screen and asks to "Press A to continue". But, when I press A, screen goes blank and WII stops responding. Before firmware update, the health warning message used to be displayed in a Korean language but after this wrong firmware update, it is displayed in English. More about the game called WII Music (Pal) which caused this brick, it contained a firmware 3.3E_v1 with ISO30 anti Homebrew inside. (Got this information from WII Update Manager).

>No TP Hack, no HBC, no Bootmii, no NAND backup, nothing. (I heard that Korean WII 3.3 without TP Hack and HBC cannot be repaired. Is it so? Also, will NAND re-flashing help? But I don't have backup of NAND.)

>I used Savemefrii and it booted to rescue screen with firmware 3.3(KOR) at the bottom.

>I tried to boot from autoboot discs. Tried "Nintendo's Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31", "Universal Unbrick Disc V2", "Auto-boot enabled game disc", and many more, but no success. None of them auto-boot. Those disc spins for few second, then stop. Non of them were able to boot.

It's just a Korean WII with Auto-boot enabled Drivekey on it and nothing else. I can go through a very tricky and complex process as I can't send it to Nintendo as I'm outside US. Also, I'm familiar with both software & hardware mod.

avisec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I have a bit confusion here. I have been searching Korean games but haven't got anywhere in the internet to download. Whenever I search, I end up with Europe or USA version of those games. I would be grateful if you provide me little help about where I can get Korean version of this game download.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
# We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
# Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.

The very first rule.

afaik most times Korean version of games don't always get dumped, It might be hard finding it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr