Bricked??!?!? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jinkerz, Sep 16, 2010.

1. jinkerz
    OP

jinkerz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2010
    United States
    I did install a lot of wads and after i restart my WII just got the regular screen after i press "A" i got a black screen, i have the drivekey2 but is not configured to autoboot. I did not make the nand backup;
    My Wii is 4.2U, i been trying the recovery mode with GC controller but when i insert the autoboot disk it doesn't work, my guess is because my modchip i never set it to autoboot on. Any help please???

2. foolontehill

foolontehill Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Illinois
    You probably installed some bad wads and have a banner brick. Hold reset when you power on your Wii, then Load the HBC. Use any title deleter to delete the wads you installed.

3. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    thats only if you have priiloader installed.

4. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    if you dont have priiloader, bootmii @ boot2, hacked up ioses, or a game exploit already installed, then youre gonna want to do the ole "fill-up-the-nand-with-garbage-by-autobooting-games-and-then-load-rabbids-go-home-and-try-to-install-its-channel-which-sends-you-to-the-data-management-screen" trick. from there, delete the bad wads you installed.

5. jinkerz
    OP

jinkerz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2010
    United States
    Yeap that's what happened i install some bad wads..

foolontehill: I tried holding the reset button when i powered on and nothing happened....

giantpune: my WII/drivekey2 is not configured to autoboot any games, so when i insert a games nothing happens...

ANY other suggestions?!?!?!?

6. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    You will have to patch the games to autoboot.

7. mike333

mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    Poland
    Patching games means they get modified so no longer valid signed from Nintendo certificates.
    I wonder... is there a way to create autoboot dvd with DOP-Mii and other helpfull software in such cases?

8. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    The autoboot bit is in the disc header, outside of the signed partitions. So it's not a problem to patch it in.

9. mike333

mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    Poland
    Little OT.
    If someone have old IOSes with TB (original nintendo - not patched) is there way to create such image?