Gaming Bricked DSi XL (0000FE00) after attempted hardmod

ZetShock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So after purchasing a used DSi XL and wanting to downgrade the OS on the NAND (and making a backup of it beforehand) using the hardmod SD-adapter method, instead of showing a bluescreen on the screen when powering it on and having it connect to my computer, the upper screen shows 0000FE00 and thats it. I have read that at this point either the bootloader has an issue, or the actual Nand is somehow fried or unresponsive.

As I do component level board repair, I made sure not to have any solder bridges or sloppy soldering, but even after desoldering my wires the device still seems bricked. I have used my Laptop's internal SD Card reader, which unfortunately did not work, but I am unsure if purchasing a verified working SD-adapter would let me somehow still backup a functional nand copy.

Should I keep trying or just use the thing for spare parts/sell it? I did manage to get the thing for fairly cheap, so it wouldnt be a huge loss.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

Last edited by ZetShock,
Reactions: alivebacon

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ive got exactly the same problem ... My DSi startup with the same message. Ive removed all solder from the clk point. I dont know whats my fault...

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
instead of showing a bluescreen
That's the 3DS by the way. The DSi just showed it's corresponding error like a 3DS does when connected to a hardmod

You should check if everything is clean, or if the tracks are damaged or cut or if the nand de-soldered itself for unknown god only knows reasons

Also didn't we have to use a SD2USB adaptor for this kind of things?

Last edited by Aquadraws,
Reactions: Marax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE