Gaming Bricked DSi - Is there a way to save it?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i just found my old dsi in a box collecting dust, then i remembered it is bricked, so i'm looking if there is a way to fix it without sending it to nintendo support service.

Here is the problem: It turns on normally, but every time i tap on a app or a game cartridge icon it gives me the following error (big image in spoilers)

20160827_141501.jpg

"An error has ocurred. Tap and hold the POWER button to turn off the console. Check the console operations manual for more information."

This happen when lauching the system settings app too. I have already tried to launch the screen calibration setting but it gives me that error too. I have an acekard 2i lying there if it can help...

Any help will be appreciated :)

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this problem a few times with consoles i've brought to sell, sometimes it's the camera that causes it others it has been the wifi board.

Did you ever drop the console? sometimes the wifi board becomes unseated if dropped

Reactions: DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i had, cant remember quite well right now... Btw, if it is a problem with the wifi antenna or camera, how could i fix them?

D

Deleted User

Not possible considering youre trying to fix camera+WiFi.
they arent soldered btw - you only need a triwing screwdriver and a phillips (just in case)

Reactions: DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know, but that could be one of the reasons why it is bricked. It could be softbricked too... i'm just not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs