Hacking Bricked DS From Supercard DSTWO?

tenentenen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Just recently received a DSTWO GBATemp Limited edition, and was really enjoying the GBA emulation feature by playing Kingdom Hearts CoM. I had Played it for a couple of days, with absolutely no problems.

Though recently, While playing, the DS Lite shut of randomly. I tried turning it back on, but all i got was a White flash on the bottom screen, and it was of again. This is what happens any time I try to turn it on.
hate2.gif

Has this happened to anyone? Any help/advice? Is it "Bricked?" Is there anything I can do? Is this a known DSTWO issue?

I'm really going crazy now, and am nervous I ruined my ds, which I did not know a flashcart could do...

Please Help,
-TenenTenen

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um you know IM using a DS Lite and DSTWO too?
And you just scared the shit outta me, I dont know if I shoudl us eit anymore, maybe it can blow fuses like the n5, maybe its just the limited edition?
God im scared

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thats looking like a brisk ds is just what happen with my acekard 2 di you do anything that could have done something to brick the ds cuz i cant believe a dstwo did this but is not impossible

di you try removing the battery or try turning it on with a charger in place

and yes guy flashcards n super rare cases can brick a ds

tenentenen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
I don't think a flash card can brick a ds.

Ok......So...what happened then?

@rockstar:
Blow fuses? explain? is there a fix for this?
Is the bottom screen flash a symptom of blown fuses?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tenentenen said:
Fireballo said:
I don't think a flash card can brick a ds.

Ok......So...what happened then?

@rockstar:
Blow fuses? explain? is there a fix for this?
Is the bottom screen flash a symptom of blown fuses?
No fix after its bricked unless you open up your ds with a triwing, which can be hard if your not good with circuits, ad I am 90% sure the bottom screen flash is a symptom. I have it on 2 older bricked DSls

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But when the bottom screen flashes, doesn't that mean that there's a missing component in the DS? Like the ribbon cable for the upper screen is disconnected?

tenentenen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
No fix after its bricked unless you open up your ds with a triwing, which can be hard if your not good with circuits, ad I am 90% sure the bottom screen flash is a symptom. I have it on 2 older bricked DSls

Can anyone confirm this?

@Stevetry: The warranty is past gone.

Indicator light Info:
If i plug it into a wall charger, the orange charge light comes on and stays on.
When it I turn it on, The green indicator is on for 2 seconds then is off when the ds is off.

tenentenen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
But when the bottom screen flashes, doesn't that mean that there's a missing component in the DS? Like the ribbon cable for the upper screen is disconnected?

But I think it is flashing cause it is turning off. If the machine was on, but the creens were flashy/black, then it could be the ribbon cable.

Stevetry

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tenentenen said:
Rockstar said:

Can anyone confirm this?

@Stevetry: The warranty is past gone.

Indicator light Info:
If i plug it into a wall charger, the orange charge light comes on and stays on.
When it I turn it on, The green indicator is on for 2 seconds then is off when the ds is off.

the same that happen to me thats a brick ds time to think of a new one

tenentenen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it is the same type of problem as the N5. as the N5 issue casued a complete lack of power, whilt this did not. this is from answrs.com:

If while powering the system up and either one of the screens flash white then it powers down, that means that there is a problem with the screen that didn't flash. These systems have a systems check while powering on. If there is a problem with one of the screens it will shut down. One of two things, a connection of the ribbon cable or a bad screen.

Stevetry

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes if one of the screen is not working fully like lose connection or something else not including screen cracks them it wont turn on ect

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well one possibility the battery itself could be shot, not uncommon to have a bad battery, prob cant hold a charge, try replacing battery they sell cheap if i am correct, see also a tech comp that could help you out, or try opening up yourself and see if there is anything wrong that does not look normal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn