Hacking Bricked by installing ios 60-61

aet92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody
My problem is that i had a virgin 4.1 wii, so i used bannerbomb to run hackmii installer 5 so i installed hbc and dvdx and bootmii as ios, and then i used a tutorial for downgrading that it restore ios 15 and 36, and then i downgrade to 3.2, and upgrade again with waninkokos 4.1, everythings good until now, butlater i installed ios 60-61 and when i exit the apps it brings me to a hbc upside down, and then i poweroff the wii and when i try to boot it, it only shows me a black screen and nothing more,
so heres the question, my wii has some salvation by installing bootmias ios or no?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell are you doing? You were on 4.1, got trucha in (maybe?), downgraded to 3.2, then used Waninkoko's installer to get BACK to 4.1, then started messing with the system menu IOS. You are bricked. Send it off to Nintendo, and when you get it back, spend MUCH time reading here before attempting anything again!

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a shame, really. If only you had installed bootmii as boot2 and had backed up your system before messing with the system menu, maybe (just maybe) you could get your Wii up and running on your own...

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since Bootmii is not as boot2, you're likely bricked. Bootmii IOS is useless as anti-brick.

The upside down HBC was due to a fakesigned IOS61.

The system just black-screening at boot is a symptom of a missing, corrupt, or stubbed system menu IOS. On a wii with 4.0 or 4.1, it's IOS60.

You didn't by chance try to use a tool called "IOS60 installer" or similar did you? Since 4.2 came out, that tool bricks your wii if you use it now.

EDIT: Dang, 2 other posts while i was typing...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He couldn't install as boot2 apparently. Must have been a newer Wii. Still, there are so many threads, and a few really good guides. People just seem to want to jump in and install/uninstall/downgrade/upgrade at random, then brick, then post for the first time here asking what went wrong.

Dumb move. Sorry to be stern, but that's called tough love. Do it the right way next time.

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You probably installed the stub IOS60 (which will appear as the newest on Nintendo's server). Should've used the NUS Downloader to grab the non-stubbed one. If your Wii is out of warranty then call them up and say you were updating to 4.2 and it wouldn't boot up afterward. AFAIK Nintendo doesn't check NAND contents if their rescue discs don't work.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the IOS60 Patcher (the one that does IOS61/IOS60 and shop installer) is a Brick application now.

Want to get even with your enemy's? Send them a link to this app ... Muuahhahhhhaa BRICK.

A shame too seeing as it is used in the Old update to 4.0 guide. The one posted here when 4.0 first came out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s