Hacking Bricked but need aditional info, i know a hardmod is needed

wildcat2083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I followed this guide to the letter on my New 3DS, I succesfully downgraded from 10.6.0-31U to 9.2.0 and setup a good emuNAND, i backed up both the SysNAND and emuNAND i ended up bricking after installing 2.1 to the emunand, patched it for the new 3ds backedup the emunand and per the instructions flashed to 2.1.0 on the SysNAND, ill post a link to the guide, my question tho is could someone read the guide and tell me if the last step is correct or needs revision, i thought your not suspose to ever flash SysNAND once you get to 9.2.0

link to the guide im using
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

again i bricked after flashing the modified 2.1.0 emuNAND to SysNAND was that the proper steps to follow?

j3yps

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you use tiny formatter twice? You have to do that twice.

Then after that you downgrade your emunand to 2.1 then you boot into your sysnand, launch homebrew with whatever entrypoint you want, open OTPHelper, unbrick 2.1, backup emunand and flash the backed up emu nand to your sysnand

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you use tiny formatter twice? You have to do that twice.

Then after that you downgrade your emunand to 2.1 then you boot into your sysnand, launch homebrew with whatever entrypoint you want, open OTPHelper, unbrick 2.1, backup emunand and flash the backed up emu nand to your sysnand

I did all those steps exactly and successfully and ended with a bricked n3ds. I have my hardmod all soldered up and i get the blue error screen now, which is great (signs of life!). Unfortunately my card reader isn't compatible with n3ds nand. But amazon.ca has the one I need on a lightning deal. Just need to order some extra for free shipping and I need some new micro screwdrivers. My tools are getting old and worn...

wildcat2083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also formatted twice

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i did exactly those steps and still bricked the system

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell you did everything correctly. Even if you follow the guide to the letter there is still a chance of something going wrong. I used the same guide to setup a9lh.

wildcat2083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only question i had was early on regarding which keys go into the cakes folder but i put the slot keys on the root of the sdcard, and the firm key in cakes like the guide stated, guess when i get un-bricked ill start over from the downgrade set up the emunand again and retry

wildcat2083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did try to boot with the sd out and i made sure i ran the debricker b4 i created the emunand "backup" that gets transferred over to sysNAND

wildcat2083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have my unit hardmodded yet, im going to send it in, the 3ds gives me a blue light and black screen only currently no home brew not even a recovery menu, even with the sd card out on boot

wildcat2083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luckly through the guide i have 2 sysNAND and 2 emuNAND backups so im pretty safe as far as getting the 3ds back up and running just got to get it modded first

wildcat2083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an update, i just sent my unit out for a hardmod, ironically the guide is intended to ultimately be set up to wher you dont need one by the end of it, but to be fair i found a few errors in my steps i was following plus the guide has been revised, it seems much better now, so good luck to you folks doing this, make backups, verify them and save several copies, it will save your butt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.