Bricked but need aditional info, i know a hardmod is needed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by wildcat2083, Mar 10, 2016.

1. wildcat2083
    OP

wildcat2083 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Texas
    Ok so I followed this guide to the letter on my New 3DS, I succesfully downgraded from 10.6.0-31U to 9.2.0 and setup a good emuNAND, i backed up both the SysNAND and emuNAND i ended up bricking after installing 2.1 to the emunand, patched it for the new 3ds backedup the emunand and per the instructions flashed to 2.1.0 on the SysNAND, ill post a link to the guide, my question tho is could someone read the guide and tell me if the last step is correct or needs revision, i thought your not suspose to ever flash SysNAND once you get to 9.2.0

link to the guide im using
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

again i bricked after flashing the modified 2.1.0 emuNAND to SysNAND was that the proper steps to follow?

2. j3yps

j3yps GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2015
    Manila, Ph
    Did you use tiny formatter twice? You have to do that twice.

Then after that you downgrade your emunand to 2.1 then you boot into your sysnand, launch homebrew with whatever entrypoint you want, open OTPHelper, unbrick 2.1, backup emunand and flash the backed up emu nand to your sysnand

3. Lush

Lush GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2007
    Canada
    I did all those steps exactly and successfully and ended with a bricked n3ds. I have my hardmod all soldered up and i get the blue error screen now, which is great (signs of life!). Unfortunately my card reader isn't compatible with n3ds nand. But amazon.ca has the one I need on a lightning deal. Just need to order some extra for free shipping and I need some new micro screwdrivers. My tools are getting old and worn...

4. wildcat2083
    OP

wildcat2083 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Texas
    i also formatted twice

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i did exactly those steps and still bricked the system

5. LiquidAudacity

LiquidAudacity GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    As far as I can tell you did everything correctly. Even if you follow the guide to the letter there is still a chance of something going wrong. I used the same guide to setup a9lh.

6. wildcat2083
    OP

wildcat2083 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Texas
    the only question i had was early on regarding which keys go into the cakes folder but i put the slot keys on the root of the sdcard, and the firm key in cakes like the guide stated, guess when i get un-bricked ill start over from the downgrade set up the emunand again and retry

7. Skaterdie

Skaterdie Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Did you try booting 2.1 without the sd?

8. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Trying to Find My Way

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    First, try booting 2.1 without the SD.

Second, make sure you ran the EmuNAND debricker before injecting the EmuNAND to SysNAND.

9. wildcat2083
    OP

wildcat2083 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Texas
    i did try to boot with the sd out and i made sure i ran the debricker b4 i created the emunand "backup" that gets transferred over to sysNAND

10. Skaterdie

Skaterdie Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Have you tried flashing unbricked emunand.bin from 10.6 emunand

But you will need hardmod first.

Last edited by Skaterdie, Mar 10, 2016
  11. wildcat2083
    OP

wildcat2083 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Texas
    i don't have my unit hardmodded yet, im going to send it in, the 3ds gives me a blue light and black screen only currently no home brew not even a recovery menu, even with the sd card out on boot

12. wildcat2083
    OP

wildcat2083 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Texas
    luckly through the guide i have 2 sysNAND and 2 emuNAND backups so im pretty safe as far as getting the 3ds back up and running just got to get it modded first

13. wildcat2083
    OP

wildcat2083 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Texas
    an update, i just sent my unit out for a hardmod, ironically the guide is intended to ultimately be set up to wher you dont need one by the end of it, but to be fair i found a few errors in my steps i was following plus the guide has been revised, it seems much better now, so good luck to you folks doing this, make backups, verify them and save several copies, it will save your butt